Search found 11 matches

by debkellar
17 Jan 2008, 18:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cemetery Question
Replies: 1
Views: 3180

Cemetery Question

Buongiorno everyone, I have an ancestor in the Bologna Certosa and one in the Ferrara Certosa I would like to visit when I go to Italy in June this year. Would anyone know who I would need to contact to find out where they are buried within the cemetery? Any help would be very much appreciated! Graz...
by debkellar
03 Apr 2007, 15:52
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Old Document
Replies: 6
Views: 6364

Re: Help with Old Document

Grazie Tommaso, I very much appreciate your assistance with this letter. I received 5 letters from the University Library and this was the only one written in Italian -- 1872 Italian. :) Would you be willing to translate this for me? My Italian is pretty much just one or two word sentences right now...
by debkellar
29 Mar 2007, 10:02

Buon giorno Suanj,

Thank you very much for your kind help. If I rescanned and made the images somewhat larger, would that help in reading it? The original size was very large and I probably overdid the adjustment when I was trying to make it small enough to attach to this forum.

Grazie! Debbie
by debkellar
29 Mar 2007, 02:36

Grazie Suanj for the suggestion. I'm not sure if this will work but let's see. I'm afraid it may be too small to read now. Here is the link to my 2 page letter. This was written by my ggg gf c1872. I am not having any luck translating it. If there is anyone able to help, I would be very grateful. Th...
by debkellar
28 Mar 2007, 20:34

Help with Old Document

I am trying to attach a 2 page letter to my post and am not having any luck. I had to scan the document to my computer so it is a jpeg document. Is this something I should be able to attach? Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help.

Debbie
by debkellar
09 Mar 2007, 11:23
Topic: Requesting a death record for ancestor
Replies: 14
Views: 11145

Re: Requesting a death record for ancestor

Suanj,

Lei e meravigliosa! Molte grazie! Debbie
by debkellar
08 Mar 2007, 14:37

I may be having a problem translating my ancestors information I am requesting. I am just learning a little Italian so bear with me. She died on 21 July 1837 . Is that what I am saying below? I'm not sure what you meant by max death date? Grazie, from just confused. :) Tassinari Rosina nata il 21 lu...
by debkellar
08 Mar 2007, 11:21

Boun giorno Suanj, I've revised my letter as you suggested. Would you look over one more time to make sure I did as you suggested? Should I include any other money besides the international reply coupons? I've never sent a letter like this before and I want to make sure I am respectful of their time...
by debkellar
07 Mar 2007, 11:46

Grazie Livio and Suanj!

You both have been very (molto gentile) kind and I appreciate your assistance with this letter.

:D Debbie
by debkellar
07 Mar 2007, 11:17

Buon giorno Suan,

I'm not quite sure what you meant about the date of death. Are you suggesting I don't put the year of death in the letter or I shouldn't send the letter?

Grazie mille!

Debbie
by debkellar
06 Mar 2007, 20:04

Requesting a death record for ancestor

Would someone please look at the following letter I wrote to make sure it makes sense and I didn't leave out any information that I will need to request a death record for my ancestor? Grazie! Sorry, I can't figure out how to attach the letter so here it is: Ufficio di Stato Civile Ferrara City Hall...