Search found 8 matches

by mobilehome
10 Mar 2007, 06:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for PEZZELLA/FARRARA/SERULLO surnames from Avellino
Replies: 12
Views: 10517

Re: Looking for PEZZELLA/FARRARA/SERULLO surnames from Avel

Dear Wldspirt and Trish I can't begin to thank both all for all of your help. I was ready to give up because I could not read or write Italian but with all that you have sent to me I feel good about trying to continue the search. It is people like you that make me and all newbies feel great because ...
by mobilehome
09 Mar 2007, 19:58

Trish: Thank you for that information, unfortunately I do not speak or read Italian. I tried the web page with the telephone directory and it was all in italian, also the films from Family Search are in Italian which would not help me as I again do not read or speak Italian. So I guess unfortunately...
by mobilehome
08 Mar 2007, 20:38
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Montagusto, Avellino, Italy
Replies: 7
Views: 6743

Re: Montagusto, Avellino, Italy

To all of those of you that have helped me with the Pizzella/Pezzella family I thank you and have a question. I wanted to mention that Rocco had stated that during the first World War he fought with the Italian Army up in the hills against the germans is there any way that I can check to see if this...
by mobilehome
08 Mar 2007, 20:25

Dear Biff83 and Brujaojosand Valarie: You are all correct that is Donato Rocco and his brother Leonardo coming back to Boston to live with his father Anthony in Newton, MA. And Marie and the two daughters join him the following year. But Donato Rocco did come earlier in 1904 which I have from Ancest...
by mobilehome
08 Mar 2007, 03:21

Biff83:
Yes the town would be Montaguto without the s. The surname is spelled Serlucco.

I do not know how to link the ship maifests I am luck I can type and send messages.

Mobilehome
by mobilehome
08 Mar 2007, 03:16

Re: Montagusto, Avellino, Italy

I want to thank all that have responded. I stand corrected on my spelling and typing. It is in fact Montaguto. As far as Donato Rocco he arrived in Boston 1904 listed Montaguto as last residence, they spelled his last name Pizzella instead of Pezzella on the ship manifest. I hope that will help VJ. ...
by mobilehome
07 Mar 2007, 21:01

Looking for PEZZELLA/FARRARA/SERULLO surnames from Avellino

The family name that I am researching in Italy is Pezzella . I believe they came from Avellino, but that is all that I know. Some family member mentioned Montagusto, Avellino and it is also on a Ship manefest when they came to the USA. First names are Donato Rocco Pezzella, son of Anthony Pezzella a...
by mobilehome
07 Mar 2007, 20:32

Montagusto, Avellino, Italy

Looking for the birthplace of my grandfather and family. On his ship manefest it states he was from Montagusto, Avellino, Italy . The family name is Pezzella . His name was Donato Rocco Pezzella and his wifes name was Maria Serullo Pezzella. He originally came to the USA in 1904 but returned and mar...