Search found 43 matches

by mattera
04 Jan 2017, 16:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Online Records Requests
Replies: 22
Views: 4821

Re: Online Records Requests

Thank you for the answers and direction! This forum is always such a help. I am actually looking for a very recent document. When I confirmed my Italian citizenship, I needed to register my own marriage in Italy. I now need to obtain my own marriage certificate from Italy in order to begin the proce...
by mattera
03 Jan 2017, 17:37
Topic: Online Records Requests
Replies: 22
Views: 4821

Online Records Requests

Greetings, all, it has been some time since I was on these forums. I was wondering whether anyone had information about requesting Italian vital records online. I am looking for a marriage certificate from the Naples commune. Any help is greatly appreciated, as always!
by mattera
15 Apr 2008, 16:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: GGF Never Naturalized - How to Prove?
Replies: 1
Views: 3013

GGF Never Naturalized - How to Prove?

Hello,

My great grandfather never naturalized, but remained an alien all his life in the US. He immigrated in 1912 and died in the US in 1946. How do I prove that he never naturalized?

Alex
by mattera
24 Mar 2008, 17:26
Topic: Jackpot! Documents from Serrara Fontana (Ischia)
Replies: 0
Views: 2991

Jackpot! Documents from Serrara Fontana (Ischia)

Salvete, Some of you (in particular, Biff!) may remember my search for the Mattera family. I sent out requests to Serrara Fontana about one year ago. My wife just called to tell me much information arrived in today's mail. I have not seen it yet, but I cannot wait to get home tonight! My great grand...
by mattera
08 Oct 2007, 15:20
Topic: Response in Italian - Translation Help?
Replies: 4
Views: 4922

Re: Response in Italian - Translation Help?

Thank you for your help! I appreciate the effort this must have taken.

Alex
by mattera
05 Oct 2007, 19:17
Topic: Response in Italian - Translation Help?
Views: 4922

Response in Italian - Translation Help?

Greetings, I have received a response from Monenero Val Cocchiara. I think I have puzzled out the Italian, but as I do not speak Italian, I would be very grateful for any help in translating this: In riposta alla lettera pervenuta in data 31.07.2007 Si trasmette per posta l'atto di nascita della Sig...
by mattera
25 Jun 2007, 14:35
Topic: Waiting Time on Italian Birth/Marriage Certificates
Replies: 17
Views: 14382

Re: Waiting Time on Italian Birth/Marriage Certificates

Wouldn't it figure? Saturday's mail included a letter from Italy. I posted too soon, at least on one town--Montenero Val Cocchiara. I received several pieces of paper, including two copies of a computer-generated birth record (presumably off an officially maintained computer system) for my maternal ...
by mattera
22 Jun 2007, 19:54

Thanks, all, for the advice. My previous requests all included a photo ID and a self-addressed reply envelope, along with an international reply coupon for each reply envelope. I included full names and exact dates of birth (not just years). I'm not sure what the trouble is, but I'll have to try aga...
by mattera
22 Jun 2007, 14:55

Dennis,

Thanks for the great tip on the Certicato di Stato di Famiglia Originario. I did not know of the existence of this document. I will request it going forward.

How did you email the relevant authorities? I do not know where to find email contact information.

Thanks,

Alex
by mattera
22 Jun 2007, 14:35

Biff, Vent away; it sounds incredibly frustrating. Having watched numerous ancient aunts loathed each other across holiday dinner tables all through my youth, I am not surprised that the grudge survives a century. Talk about bad blood. I'll have to follow up with another request. I hope you get some...
by mattera
22 Jun 2007, 13:36

Waiting Time on Italian Birth/Marriage Certificates

I mailed my requests for birth and marriage certificates to Serrara Fontana, Panni and Montenero Val Cocchiara approximately eight weeks ago. I know that it is still early, but I wanted to get a sense from others on response times--either from these places specifically or from Italy in general. Than...
by mattera
04 May 2007, 14:54
Topic: National Archives
Views: 4315

Re: National Archives

Thanks for the post, James. Boy, going to the National Archives is one of the experiences that makes you glad you pay your taxes. What a terrific place! I spent about 2 hours there, and turned up the original papers for one of my great grandfather's naturalization. I look forward to going back and w...
by mattera
03 May 2007, 11:58

Re: National Archives

wldspirit,

This helps a lot--thanks!

Alex
by mattera
02 May 2007, 13:06

National Archives

I have an opportunity to visit the National Archives Northeast Regional branch in Waltham, Massachusetts tomorrow. I would be very grateful for advice on how to get the most benefit out of this trip. Any tips or suggestions? What to do, what to search, what to bring (and what not to do, search, brin...
by mattera
26 Apr 2007, 19:57
Topic: Birth Certificates
Replies: 8
Views: 5560

Re: Birth Certificates

Biff, Thanks for checking the LDS. I have drafted letters to all three regions, and will mail them out tomorrow. I don't have any hopes of a cousin in the archive office, but you never know... When you requested documents, did you request multiple types in one letter (i.e., birth certificates for tw...