Search found 44 matches

by michaeldi
29 Oct 2023, 22:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Birth record - mother not listed
Replies: 3
Views: 299

Re: Birth record - mother not listed

Thank you. Very interesting and confusing at the same time.
by michaeldi
29 Oct 2023, 21:35
Topic: Birth record - mother not listed
Replies: 3
Views: 299

Birth record - mother not listed

Hello, I am able to understand this records but am stuck on the section where the mother is listed as "unmarried woman who is not related...." I don't fully understand this entry. The father was married and already had children. The family went back to Italy for a while before returning to...
by michaeldi
28 Jan 2015, 12:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: I'm looking for Giuseppe Lalli
Replies: 35
Views: 5502

Re: I'm looking for Giuseppe Lalli

Ciao Rita, It seems that Nicholas Gentile, the son of Biondina, died in 1978. The attached records are from a special payment that was made for men who fought in World War II from Pennsylvania. You will see his birthday in 1924 & the second page it says the names of his parents. I searched furth...
by michaeldi
28 Jan 2015, 12:37
Topic: Wanted tombstone in Holy Cross Cemetary Filadelfia
Replies: 15
Views: 3956

Re: Wanted tombstone in Holy Cross Cemetary Filadelfia

Ciao Rita, Giuseppe died from heart disease. If Biondina & Giuseppe were related you may be able to find this out through the Comune in Italy where they were born. I will look for information on Nicholas, the son of Biondina. If alive, he would be about 90 years old. We should not communicate on...
by michaeldi
28 Jan 2015, 01:40
Topic: I'm looking for Giuseppe Lalli
Replies: 35
Views: 5502

Re: I'm looking for Giuseppe Lalli

Ciao Rita, Biondina must be a relative of your Giuseppe. See her marriage to Giuseppe Gentile. Her name was Di Maria. It may be spelled incorrectly. NAME: Giuseppe Gentile GENDER: Male SPOUSE: Biondina DiMaria SPOUSE GENDER: Female MARRIAGE PLACE: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States MARRIAGE Y...
by michaeldi
28 Jan 2015, 01:23

Ciao Rita, Non ti preocupare. Il tuo inglese e multo bene. Meglio che il mio italiano :) Is it possible that Biondina was a cousin of your Giuseppe Lalli? If you look at the death certificate for Giuseppe the person who gave the information (Informant) was Biondina Gentile. In 1920 Biondina Di Maria...
by michaeldi
27 Jan 2015, 01:11

Ciao, Come ti chiami? From your post: I would like to ask you some info: - What means be OWNER of a grave, Owner = Proprietario della tomba. Ususally it is a family member. I have seen people buried in graves owned by neighbors, friends, others. - what means "she could not tell me if there is a...
by michaeldi
26 Jan 2015, 19:50

I called Holy Cross Cemetery & this is the information they supplied: Joseph Lalli Buried in Section 47, Range 7, Lot 38 Grave North He is the only person in this grave. The owner of the grave is Biondina Gentile She could not tell me if there is a tombstone is there. I will not be able to get t...
by michaeldi
24 Jan 2015, 19:46

Hello Helen,

The poster contacted me by PM also requesting contact with Holy Cross. Like you, I live in the area. I do not want to duplicate efforts. I believe the person is writing from Italy so they cannot call the cemetery. If you are contacting the cemetery, I will not. Enjoy the snow!
by michaeldi
21 May 2010, 10:14
Topic: Lista di Leva Notations
Replies: 6
Views: 4485

Re: Lista di Leva Notations

Hi Livio, Thanks for taking a look. I will try and see if I can get a better copy.

Have a great day.

Michael
by michaeldi
20 May 2010, 23:02

Thanks Livio for the translation. There is another notation that is hard to make out the handwriting. No problem if you can't see the letters. I tried to make it better but..... http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8194/dimiceli5.jpg Peter, I own the book you mentioned and consulted it before posting. U...
by michaeldi
20 May 2010, 00:31

Sorry for not being specific enough. Here are links to the close-up of the areas where I need help understanding what is being said. Many thanks for your help.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1981 ... i3copy.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4918 ... i4copy.jpg
by michaeldi
17 May 2010, 12:32

Lista di Leva Notations

Hello I am hoping someone might be able to help with the notations contained on a Lista di Leva record I received lately. It seems as thought he was "hesitant" and possible denied but I cannot make out the reason why. There is also a notation on the first page that I cannot understand eith...
by michaeldi
01 May 2009, 10:45
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Request for help: Gaetano & Louise Leone, Philadelphia,
Replies: 9
Views: 8380

Re: Request for help: Gaetano & Louise Leone, Philadelph

There are 2 children of Gaetano listed in the Philadelphia Death Certificates available at Family Search. Both are buried at Holy Cross Cemetery in Yeadon, PA. The cemetery staff are very helpful. I would call them to see if Gaetano & his wife are buried there as well. The phone number is 610-62...
by michaeldi
01 Feb 2009, 17:17
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Dello Iacono lost in Passaic NJ, 1945
Replies: 2
Views: 4515

Re: Dello Iacono lost in Passaic NJ, 1945

Hi Carlo

I was able to find a naturalization record for Bernardo. I will send it to you in private message.

Michael