Search found 13 matches

by joe4227
22 Dec 2009, 21:01
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Who knows what Tadols are or where the word comes from?
Replies: 18
Views: 32678

Re: Who knows what Tadols are or where the word comes from?

Joe I need the regional dialect that Tadol emanates from so that I can consult the dialect dictionary. =Peter= Peter - Afraid I don't know! We don't even know for sure it's Italian (unless it's a contraction from Dolce). Our family is from Lauro and Auletta, in the shadow of Vesuvio. But this tradi...
by joe4227
11 Dec 2009, 23:37

Yes, the two examples from misbris are in this family. I had never seen the "Love Knot" style, but I have seen the bows, sometimes a "Q" or an "M". But not the doughnut-style dough. Like these, almost a "shortbread". I grew up in Niagara Falls, Canada. Relativ...
by joe4227
11 Dec 2009, 20:40

Nope, can't get the picture to load. Anybody?
by joe4227
11 Dec 2009, 20:37

Nope, that's a whole other subject. :D Not talking about taralli. When I say round, I mean spherical, like a large marble. I have indeed seen recipes on line labled "tadols" when the cookie is, in fact a taralli. These "Tadols" are also known as "Butter Cookies" and the...
by joe4227
11 Dec 2009, 18:36
Topic: Italian stuffing for veal breast (ponsette)
Replies: 20
Views: 33752

Re: Italian stuffing for veal breast (ponsette)

Our family had something similar. We have tried to make it for years, never comes out right. Ours had no rice. Just bread crumbs, Romano, raisins, maybe some egg or a little milk to wet the bread crumbs. I think it used a lot of the Romano. When it was used to stuff turkey, chicken it came out like ...
by joe4227
11 Dec 2009, 18:19

Who knows what Tadols are or where the word comes from?

Something different for the time of year! As we all prepare for Christmas, many of you are doing the traditional Christmas baking. I am trying to trace the history of "tadols". Don't even know if that's remotely the correct spelling - but you all know them - those Italian Wedding Cookies, ...
by joe4227
14 Jun 2007, 20:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Muccioli's and Mastrangelo's from Auletta
Replies: 5
Views: 5364

Re: Muccioli's and Mastrangelo's from Auletta

:D This is a big help!

I really had no idea where to start over there.

Also I didn't realize that LDS had Italian records.

Thanks very much!
by joe4227
14 Jun 2007, 05:14
Topic: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
Replies: 34
Views: 26684

Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie

If you use the cemetary lookup for Niagara (it covers all the local cemetaries) you can start with Clemente Santaniello (1874-1943). I believe he is the primary ancestor. His mother was Lucia Scibelli from Quindici. Clemente was married to my grand-aunt, Amelia Vitale, from Lauro. There are Ellis re...
by joe4227
14 Jun 2007, 01:54

Hi, James! I have run across the Scibelli surname recently, too. From what I can figure out, the Santaniello's, Vitale's, Renzullo's and others often married distant cousins, so the same surnames keep cropping up. The emmigration seems to go through Ellis, mainly to NY, then some settled in NY City,...
by joe4227
14 Jun 2007, 00:59

Re: Muccioli's and Mastrangelo's from Auletta

I'll have a look for you and see if I can find anything. Have you also tried posting on our Canadian site..? http//canadian.genealogyforum.eu/ Hello! No, I haven't posted on the ca site yet, I will. See my second posting (Vitale, Renzullo, Santaniello).There are many Vitale's in Toronto. If I am co...
by joe4227
13 Jun 2007, 21:25

Muccioli's and Mastrangelo's from Auletta

Looking for contacts or info re: the Muccioli and Mastrangelo family from Auletta, Campania, Italy. Emigrated via Ellis ISland to NY, and thence to Canada. Giuseppe b. 18 May 1883, and Raffaele b. 1874 and Maria Grazia b. 1886, and Carmine b. 1888 all in Auletta. Possible other sibling was Nadia? b....
by joe4227
13 Jun 2007, 21:15
Topic: Vitale's and Renzullo's from Lauro/Bosagro/Quindic
Replies: 1
Views: 3759

Vitale's and Renzullo's from Lauro/Bosagro/Quindic

I am looking for contacts or info re: the Vitale families from Lauro, Bosagro, Quindica and area. They emmigrated via Ellis Island to NY State, later some moved to the Niagara Falls region, both US and Canada. Livia Vitale b. 27 Sep 1889, from Lauro, was the daughter of Ferdinand Vitale and Lucia Re...
by joe4227
13 Jun 2007, 21:06

Hi! I jsut saw your query on Santinello. My family includes Santaniello, and they are from Lauro/Quindici. They are searchable on the Ellis site. They emmigrated first to NY State, then spread out. Many later migrated to Canada, settling in Niagara Falls. In Canada, the name was Anglicised to "...