Search found 19 matches
- 04 Feb 2008, 01:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11274
Re: Certificate translation
Thanks, what else can I do to make it bigger? Or more legible??
- 29 Jan 2008, 21:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11274
Re: Certificate translation
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9062/pipitonesa9.jpg
I know it's taken me almost two months but we all had a heck of a time getting to imageshack etc.... then a lot of ungenealogy famil stuff going on.
Now what? Can somebody now access this and get it posted so it can be translated???
Thank you ...
I know it's taken me almost two months but we all had a heck of a time getting to imageshack etc.... then a lot of ungenealogy famil stuff going on.
Now what? Can somebody now access this and get it posted so it can be translated???
Thank you ...
- 12 Nov 2007, 07:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
- Replies: 33
- Views: 41341
Re: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
WOW THANKS!
- 04 Nov 2007, 23:33
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11274
Re: Certificate translation
Okay thanks. I'll try to post it now, because when I went to Misilmeri and got his birth record and marriage record his birthdate was december 1873?
This document was with his US Naturalization papers dated 1917, both will come up with the post I think.
This document was with his US Naturalization papers dated 1917, both will come up with the post I think.
- 04 Nov 2007, 18:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11274
Certificate translation
O kay this comes from the Comune de Misilmeri; Certificato comprovante l'esito avuto nella Leva sui giovani nati nell'anno 1894 da PIPITONE ANDREA
Il sottoscritto Sindaco del suddeto Comune dichiara che dalle Liste di leva esistenti negli archivi comunali risulta.
1. Che PIPITONE ANDREA figlio di ...
Il sottoscritto Sindaco del suddeto Comune dichiara che dalle Liste di leva esistenti negli archivi comunali risulta.
1. Che PIPITONE ANDREA figlio di ...
- 03 Nov 2007, 22:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
- Replies: 33
- Views: 41341
Re: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
They already checked at city hall in Palermo, and they didn't have the name of the church. Their marriage date way July 30 1901 on the civil records in Misilmeri and Palermo. The Misilmeri records says the place of marriage is Palermo.
- 30 Oct 2007, 12:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
- Replies: 33
- Views: 41341
Re: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
This is such useful information and I replied personally to Maria. I would like to keep in contact with you, as you may think of more and I will maybe have more questions! How can I locate the church they were married in do you think? In Palermo? 1901
Well I went to Misilmeri and found that my ...
Well I went to Misilmeri and found that my ...
- 03 Oct 2007, 16:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
- Replies: 33
- Views: 41341
Re: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
Okay everyone I got to thinking, (not always a good thing, but this time it was) I called a cousin in Fla who's father's home my grandfather Andrea Pipitone died.....He had had some records but he didn't know what ones and low and behold....three days later he has his Orginal birth record and his ...
- 01 Oct 2007, 01:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Elizabeth Street,NYC, Birds of a Feather Flock Together 1901
- Replies: 12
- Views: 16238
Re: Elizabeth Street,NYC, Birds of a Feather Flock Together
His name was Andrea Pipitone, he came in 1904 and by 1910 I think he was living in Brooklyn. His brother Michele preceeded him by 5 years as his wife (we think) and two sons arrived in 1899 to join husband Michele on Elizabeth street.
O boy thanks everyone these are great resources. I am learning ...
O boy thanks everyone these are great resources. I am learning ...
- 01 Oct 2007, 00:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
- Replies: 33
- Views: 41341
Re: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
Yes thank you I found the 10 and 20 census stuff too this weekend, I found the name of the women going to the list printed out Fuezze? It says they were single, but I still havn't found Michele's entry. On the manifest there is a Michele but he went to Baltimore, however the person below him went to ...
- 30 Sep 2007, 04:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
- Replies: 33
- Views: 41341
Re: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
Okay, talked to an Aunt, my father's youngest sister who is now 91 we think, any way she said her mother Concetta Rosato or Rosata was from Misilmeri. Her father was Greek and a fisherman. She didn't know how to spell it but it phonically sounded like MOSOLAMERI or (LIA). So what do I do with that ...
- 29 Sep 2007, 02:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Elizabeth Street,NYC, Birds of a Feather Flock Together 1901
- Replies: 12
- Views: 16238
Re: Elizabeth Street,NYC, Birds of a Feather Flock Together
OMG I was reading it and I started to cry. This is closer to my heart than I ever expected. My Grandfather was there in 1904. I'll check the 1910 cencus and see where they lived. 1920's they were in Long Island City.
My grandfather was a stone mason by trade when he arrived, as my Dad became, and ...
My grandfather was a stone mason by trade when he arrived, as my Dad became, and ...
- 27 Sep 2007, 05:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Elizabeth Street,NYC, Birds of a Feather Flock Together 1901
- Replies: 12
- Views: 16238
Elizabeth Street,NYC, Birds of a Feather Flock Together 1901
Still trying to make sense of the Palermo thing. My Grandfather address to stay was with his brother and the address was 241 Elizabeth Street. As I started to search ship manifests I found two more working men going to Elizabeth Street. It is a spot right out of Chinatown now in NYC and I'm guessing ...
- 27 Sep 2007, 05:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Palermo Comune Palermo?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8721
Re: Palermo Comune Palermo?
Okay thank you so much. I will be in Palermo for 3 days next month. I'll beable to buy stamps etc. Any ideas on whose palm to grease? I also looked in the white pages for Palermo, the paternal 1st names plus Pipitone, so I have those addresses and will snail mail them for any history my cross mine ...
- 25 Sep 2007, 04:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Palermo Comune Palermo?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8721
Palermo Comune Palermo?
In looking for Pipitone and Rosato Family I mailed off for my aunts marriage certificate and for my aunt's and grandfather's naturlization papers What if they came from the Commune of Palermo in Palermo, how would I proceed to get their birth certificates and Marriage Certificate. Just maybe they ...