Search found 25 matches

by Erbogi
27 Mar 2008, 17:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: ship manifests from Italy to South America
Replies: 4
Views: 4904

Re: ship manifests from Italy to South America

I do have one great-grandfather of whom my grandmother always said that he went to Brazil. I've been looking for clues on the net, but haven't found any thus far. I'd really appreciate those links if you have them!

Thanks!

Eric
by Erbogi
26 Mar 2008, 12:13
Topic: Nicola Gigliotti ship manifest
Replies: 12
Views: 9307

Re: Nicola Gigliotti ship manifest

Has anybody had any luck in finding Nicola Gigliotti in the manifests of other ports? I can't seem to find anything. Any help is welcome!
by Erbogi
24 Mar 2008, 14:38
Topic: Trying to find grandfather's Birthplace in Calabria
Replies: 36
Views: 37321

Re: Trying to find grandfather's Birthplace in Calabria

Just a tip for everyone: I have never enclosed money with my letters requesting any kind of certificates. I have written to Fondi and Calabria, and have always received the certificates within a matter of weeks without adding cash. In fact, I'm not sure whether or not they are even allowed to ask fo...
by Erbogi
23 Mar 2008, 10:25

Hey Biff,
What a coincidence! I just recently came into contact with Sam Tomaino! As it turns out, putting our information together, we're 4th cousins! He helped me out a lot on Nicola's wife's side.

I haven't checked other ports yet. Where could I do that?

Thanks for all the help you guys!

Eric
by Erbogi
22 Mar 2008, 23:44

Hey Lisa. Thanks for the help! I'm unsure about this manifest. It is the right name and year of birth, but on the other hand it says he's from Nicastro whereas he was from Decollatura. It also says he hadn't been in the States before and was going to Pittsburg, whereas he went to upstate New York. T...
by Erbogi
22 Mar 2008, 15:21

Hey everyone,

I've just been searching for hours on ancestry.com and I still can't find anything. I know he went back to the US in/after 1892. The ship manifest must be somewhere. Does anybody have an idea where I could search some more?

Eric
by Erbogi
20 Mar 2008, 17:33

Thanks Biff, but unfortunately I had already found that manifest. I do think it's the correct one though. However, he came to the US again in 1892/3, but I've been unable to find the document. Any tips?
by Erbogi
20 Mar 2008, 17:24
Topic: Pasquale Carnevale
Replies: 2
Views: 3269

Re: Pasquale Carnevale

Hey Coach, This is probably a long shot, because Carnevale is an extremely common name in that particular region of Italy, but do you by chance have Carnevale relatives in upstate New York? My mom's family lives in Seneca Falls, New York and we have cousins by the name of Carnevale. But they are, li...
by Erbogi
20 Mar 2008, 14:15

I indeed have posted previously on the same subject, but it did result in finding Nicola Gigliotti ship manifest which should be of the year 1892/3 more or less. I already had found Giovanna's. I just can find Nicola's....
by Erbogi
20 Mar 2008, 11:41

Nicola Gigliotti ship manifest

Hey there everybody! I'm looking for the ship manifest of my great-grandfather Nicola Gigliotti. It's one of the few things missing in my research. I just can't seem to find it anywhere. Here's some of his information: Name: Nicola Gigliotti Born: March 11 1874 Place of birth: Decollatura (CZ) Names...
by Erbogi
08 Mar 2008, 21:54
Topic: Great-grandfather's family
Replies: 6
Views: 6962

Re: Great-grandfather's family

Hey there!

Thanks for the help guys! When I go to Italy I will look for the original birth certificates and that way move on to Nola and find Bernardo's birth certificate.

I'll try that request as well, Elizabeth. Thanks!

best,

Eric
by Erbogi
08 Mar 2008, 16:59

Re: Great-grandfather's family

Hey Elizabeth, Thanks for the help! I'm planning on going to Italy at the end of April, so I hope can find some more documents in Fondi then as well. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Gennaro's brother. Gennaro settled in Seneca Falls, New York. I guess I'll just have to dig through the fil...
by Erbogi
08 Mar 2008, 11:41

Great-grandfather's family

Hey there!! I just got the birth certificate of my great-grandfather Gennaro Santaniello from Fondi (LT). He was born the 26th of January in 1888. His father was Bernardo Santaniello and came from Nola (NA). His mother was Filomena Dorodea Lorello, born in Fondi the 5th of July, 1842. Now I'm pretty...
by Erbogi
14 Jan 2008, 11:41
Topic: Great-grandfather in Brasil
Replies: 17
Views: 11090

Re: Great-grandfather in Brasil

Well, I recently found Gennaro Santaniello's naturalization record at my grandmother's house. He was naturalized in 1920. Now I'm still looking for Nicola Gigliotti's..
by Erbogi
14 Jan 2008, 01:05
Topic: Great-grandfather in Brasil
Replies: 17
Views: 11090

Re: Great-grandfather in Brasil

VJ, in the 1930 document does it say 'na' as response to the question whether or not they had been naturalized? Or does it say 'no'? What does 'na' stand for? Also, on the ellis island website, I can find Maria's brother's and mother's documents, but not hers, whereas she should have been on that sa...