Search found 31 matches

by gamadaha
02 Oct 2011, 22:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ven Ditti?
Replies: 59
Views: 39353

Re: Ven Ditti?

Wow. Wonder why that cemetary didnt come up on the internet. I was going to spend time looking at a St. Marys. I am glad you found yours there! Sounds like we have alot in common as far as places! How about time lines? I am going to take a couple days off from this, and see if I can fit a couple mor...
by gamadaha
02 Oct 2011, 03:30

Thanks Marty! I remember using that site and coming up with nothing for my dad, but then I only used what I knew ... the name Amerigo Alfred Venditti. Now I will try to get back to see if Baptismal record name produces. Seems I can find everybody BUT my Dad! One thing leads to another, but none to m...
by gamadaha
01 Oct 2011, 18:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Pronunciation
Replies: 18
Views: 3040

Re: Pronunciation

One Last favor. Is there any way to now move this thread entitled Pronunciation to be retitled to Venditti? No one will ever find it if I dont.
by gamadaha
01 Oct 2011, 17:54

Youre telling me! Last night I was up til 3 am! (A little thanks to you for all your info)! :) I started the little family tree on Ancestry.com, and every time a little leaf pops up, its almost as tho it is anything this website and all the wonderful people have helped me with over the years. That a...
by gamadaha
01 Oct 2011, 17:33

Great Marty Thank you! Could need help reading those too. What could help me alot too is if I could locate the Church in Sora Italy too where the family attended. That could help piece together some more. I would like to get a death certif on Elia the girl in the baptismal record, as I believe she d...
by gamadaha
01 Oct 2011, 06:57

I do have both Loreto and Antonetta's birth certifs from Sora Italy. I have Loretos death cert from Chicago and lots more. I have been through alot of Microfilms at the LDS center down the street, but thats hit or miss when you cant read Italian! My family is one gigantic mystery. (pretty sad I cant...
by gamadaha
01 Oct 2011, 06:42

Re: Venditti

Oh my Goodness Marty, I didn't know you did ALL of this! Or I would have just asked you in the first place! I thought you were only under "translations". I learn so much by error its rediculous. YOU have been my only lead in months! I am so HAPPY I FOUND YOU to help. I have so many questio...
by gamadaha
30 Sep 2011, 21:54

Stories were Gma and Gpa Venditti had two sets of twins that passed. No proof, no sex's. Maybe Elia could be a single female child as one being passed. Is there a way to just look up Venditti/Lombardi as parents and just get all kids? The first born was Vincenzo, but he was born in Sora in 1904, so ...
by gamadaha
30 Sep 2011, 20:07

Thanks Marty! I need you to still send the link again that says Elias. The second link is exactly the same as the first in your initial post to me with the two links. Elia vs Elias? Thats a new beginning for me. Once I research a few dates, I will update you and may need a little more help if you wo...
by gamadaha
30 Sep 2011, 08:36

Hello! I have been gone awhile, but am now able to continue my quest. Have a couple leads! Need your help. Is it possible for someone to gather two 1940 census' for both: Morgan street in chicago city, ward 31, block 479, cook county IL. Looking for that of a Loretto Venditti aka Loreto Van Dittie. ...
by gamadaha
30 Sep 2011, 07:14

Oh one more thing, Can you read Italian? (Hope that wasnt a stupid question, if so, sorry) If you could read Amerigus(sp) FULL name, I would greatly appreciate it!
Your the best
Mary
by gamadaha
30 Sep 2011, 07:12

Marty, Boy do I have questions, I typed this long dissertation, and I timed out! aaahhhhh. Anyway, before I retype it (tomorrow), the two links above are the same. Do you see any for a Renato who was born Feb 5, 1916? Yes, Feb 5th. same as Amerigo! and guess what...my brother Robert (Amerigos son) w...
by gamadaha
29 Sep 2011, 05:30

Marty, let me get back to you with all the different spellings over the years if necessary, but first, is there any possible way to search with a social security number? I have that. If not I will compose a list of all the diff spellings. Although I believe at the time of my Dads birth, the last nam...
by gamadaha
29 Sep 2011, 00:00

Great! Thanks! Glad to know we are now pronouncing the original spelling correctly, being that the family has changed the spelling so many times! I appreciate your response. I may need you, since I realize your are in Chicago? If that is correct, let me know. I cannot find my own fathers birth recor...
by gamadaha
28 Sep 2011, 23:24

Pronunciation

How do you pronounce "Venditti"? is it just as it sounds? Thanks :)