Search found 42 matches
- 09 May 2011, 04:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Brazil Immigration
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8838
Re: Brazil Immigration
I found them through the LDS church's microfilms for Sao Paulo, which was the port my ancestor came through. Some Italians came in through different ports so it would help to figure that out before you begin searching through the microfilms. I knew through a relative that my ancestor live near Sao ...
- 14 Mar 2011, 00:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Salvatore Reitano Manifest - Need Help in Destination Town
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1231
Salvatore Reitano Manifest - Need Help in Destination Town
Hello,
I tried attaching the manifest but the file was too large. It can be found on EllisIsland.org by searching for Salvatore Reitano. He arrived on May 22, 1904 on the S.S. Patria.
I've been staring at this manifest for about 30 minutes trying to figure out the final destination for Salvatore ...
I tried attaching the manifest but the file was too large. It can be found on EllisIsland.org by searching for Salvatore Reitano. He arrived on May 22, 1904 on the S.S. Patria.
I've been staring at this manifest for about 30 minutes trying to figure out the final destination for Salvatore ...
- 05 Mar 2011, 00:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: FARIAS from Loreto Aprutino, Pescara, Abruzzo
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8531
Re: FARIAS from Loreto Aprutino, Pescara, Abruzzo
It sounds like you know my family fairly well. Gabe's daughter, Mary, was my grandmother and her daughter is my mother. He was first married to Anna d'Eustachio of Notaresco, Teramo, Italy. I have Gabe's birth record from Italy. I just don't think that his passenger records exists because I couldn't ...
- 05 Nov 2010, 21:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Brazil Immigration
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8838
Re: Brazil Immigration
I was actually able to find that passenger list of Antonio, Ida, and Francesco through the microfilms, thank you! Unfortunately the list only provides their names, ages, and the fact they were Italian. The next thing I'm looking for is the town they settled in. That may be a much harder task.
- 24 Oct 2010, 20:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'EUSTACHIO in Notaresco, Teramo, Abruzzo
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10471
Re: D'EUSTACHIO in Notaresco, Teramo, Abruzzo
Hi Jean,
Yes we are related. Anna (d'Eustachio) Farias was your grandfather, Amedeo's, younger sister. My Mom (Anna's granddaughter) grew up in Riverside, right next to Beverly. According to a document I have, Amedeo was born Nov 25, 1889, which means if we he was 16 when he immigrated, then the ...
Yes we are related. Anna (d'Eustachio) Farias was your grandfather, Amedeo's, younger sister. My Mom (Anna's granddaughter) grew up in Riverside, right next to Beverly. According to a document I have, Amedeo was born Nov 25, 1889, which means if we he was 16 when he immigrated, then the ...
- 25 Sep 2010, 01:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Farias family in Pescara
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2296
Farias family in Pescara
I've had a lot of success writing to Loreto Aprutino in Pescara, the hometown of my great-grandfather Gabriele Farias, son of Raffaele and Annadomenica Giovanneti. I've been to trace my family tree as far back as Gabriele's grandparents, Tommaso Farias/Filomena Spinozzi and Clementino Giovanetti ...
- 22 Sep 2010, 00:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Eustachio Family in Teramo (please help!)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4214
Re: D'Eustachio Family in Teramo (please help!)
Thank you hjuio1 !! I made contact with a d'Eustachio in Roseto degli Abruzzi who said that Lorenzo and his sons (including Orazio) came from Spain. That must have been wrong. Would you mind emailing the photo you have of Orazio and his family? Send me a private message and I will give you my email ...
- 05 Sep 2010, 01:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Brazil Immigration
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8838
Brazil Immigration
Researching my families immigration to Brazil has been fairly difficult and I am wondering if there are any other good ways to approach this.
My great-great-grand father Antonio Ruberti, along with his wife, Ida Sereni, immigrated to Brazil through the port of Sao Paulo in 1893. There they had ...
My great-great-grand father Antonio Ruberti, along with his wife, Ida Sereni, immigrated to Brazil through the port of Sao Paulo in 1893. There they had ...
- 05 Sep 2010, 01:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Eustachio Family in Teramo (please help!)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4214
D'Eustachio Family in Teramo (please help!)
Hello,
I am researching the D'Eustachio family from Teramo, specifically Notaresco. So far, with some help of others, I know that my great-grand mother's name was Anna D'Eustachio. She had many brothers and sisters: Francesca, Giovanni, Lilla, Luigi, Marco, Egidio, Vito, Amadeo, Massimo, Ernesto ...
I am researching the D'Eustachio family from Teramo, specifically Notaresco. So far, with some help of others, I know that my great-grand mother's name was Anna D'Eustachio. She had many brothers and sisters: Francesca, Giovanni, Lilla, Luigi, Marco, Egidio, Vito, Amadeo, Massimo, Ernesto ...
- 03 Sep 2010, 03:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Mezzajolo
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2383
Mezzajolo
On an 1841 census record for my family's hometown, one of my ancestors had a occupation called "Mezzajolo". Does anybody know what this means?
- 25 Mar 2010, 17:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
- Replies: 22
- Views: 18387
Re: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
Hi, i wrote you twice about Anna D'Eustachio. If you are really interested I remind you that she was my grandfather's sister.
pls use pm. tks
I apologize I must not have received those writings. Who was your grandfather? She had a lot of siblings. I remember seeing a lot of names when I was ...
pls use pm. tks
I apologize I must not have received those writings. Who was your grandfather? She had a lot of siblings. I remember seeing a lot of names when I was ...
- 24 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with Last Name
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6580
Re: Help with Last Name
I didn't even think that could be an Sc. It looked so much like an uppercase L.
- 24 Feb 2009, 20:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with Last Name
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6580
Re: Help with Last Name
I also meant to post this one, too. This one looks like the name is Amida but the first letter could be a C so I'm not sure:
http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amida.png
http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amida.png
- 24 Feb 2009, 19:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with Last Name
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6580
Help with Last Name
This link is a picture from a birth record and what I need help with is what the last name is. To me it looks it could be:
Laspellini
Lassellini
Lasscellini
Lapellini
Or it could be none of these. If you can take a look at it and let me know what you think that would be appreciated. I know the ...
Laspellini
Lassellini
Lasscellini
Lapellini
Or it could be none of these. If you can take a look at it and let me know what you think that would be appreciated. I know the ...
- 24 Feb 2009, 01:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records Translation Help
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8348
Re: Birth Records Translation Help
aabruno,
Here are the full links:
Antonio Ruberti - page 2
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3036/antoniorubertibirthreco.jpg
Antonio Ruberti - page 2
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3036/antoniorubertibirthreco.jpg
Ida Sereni - page 1
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4494 ...
Here are the full links:
Antonio Ruberti - page 2
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3036/antoniorubertibirthreco.jpg
Antonio Ruberti - page 2
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3036/antoniorubertibirthreco.jpg
Ida Sereni - page 1
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4494 ...