Search found 6 matches

by Oberto
23 Mar 2009, 03:37
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: St Lucys RC church in Newark, NJ
Replies: 4
Views: 7157

Re: St Lucys RC church in Newark, NJ

I was just wondering if anyone had a connection to this parish. It's a rreal unique place for sure, very old fashioned type of church. It is a shame that they are closing down so many of the old Italian ethnic parishes in the USA. So much of the culture and neiborhoods have already been lost. The ch...
by Oberto
23 Mar 2009, 03:35
Topic: Anyone or their ancestors from San Paulo, Foggia?
Replies: 3
Views: 5671

Re: Anyone or their ancestors from San Paulo, Foggia?

Thanks. MY grandpa came over in 1929. His father had been here for some time and worked to save up enough money to bring the family over. They settled in Burlington NJ (on the east side of town with the other Italians).
by Oberto
22 Mar 2009, 04:16
Topic: St Lucys RC church in Newark, NJ
Replies: 4
Views: 7157

St Lucys RC church in Newark, NJ

Anyone here go to or have some connection to St Lucys RC church in Newark NJ?
by Oberto
22 Mar 2009, 04:12
Topic: Italians in Kansas City
Replies: 5
Views: 7219

Italians in Kansas City

I'm originally from New Jersey (South Jersey) but am now residing in the Kansas City area. It's great to know that their is an Italian American community active in Kansas City. Most of the people have ancestors who came from two villages in Sicily (forget the names). They still keep up the annual fe...
by Oberto
22 Mar 2009, 04:01
Topic: ITALIAN AMERICAN TRADITIONS WEB PAGE
Replies: 8
Views: 10994

Re: ITALIAN AMERICAN TRADITIONS WEB PAGE

It's important that we try and preserve as many of these old traditions as possible.
by Oberto
22 Mar 2009, 03:59
Topic: Anyone or their ancestors from San Paulo, Foggia?
Replies: 3
Views: 5671

Anyone or their ancestors from San Paulo, Foggia?

Anyone or there ancestors on this forum from the village of San Paulo, near Foggia, Italy? My grandfather, Joseph Di Santo, was born there on Dec. 7th, 1915. The original spelling of his name was De Santo but this was changed on Ellis Island to it's present form.