Italians in Kansas City

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
Oberto

Italians in Kansas City

Post by Oberto »

I'm originally from New Jersey (South Jersey) but am now residing in the Kansas City area. It's great to know that their is an Italian American community active in Kansas City. Most of the people have ancestors who came from two villages in Sicily (forget the names). They still keep up the annual feast of Our Lady of the Audience at the Holy Rosary church in the north end area. In fact, it is very prominent. Is anyone on here from KC? Are there any books or web sites about the Italian American community of Kansas City out there?
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Italians in Kansas City

Post by aliza24 »

Have you done a google book search? Go to google, then under "more" up above click on books. Type in the keywords. They have TONS of books, some that aren't even available anymore.

Google is the process of scanning all kinds of books from libraries and making them available on the internet. If the copyright has expired you can download it for free.

If not, you can still search through them and get a lot of good info. without spending a penny.
dvaccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dvaccaro »

i know there were a good number of italians from Santa Ninfa, Sicily who passed through or ended up in Kansas City, MO.
~ Santa Ninfa, Trapani, Sicily ~
~ San Nicola da Crissa, Catanzaro, Italy ~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.google.com and type in the title Kansas City Italian community.There are several different topics about Italians in Kansas city. =Peter=
~Peter~
aethahn

Post by aethahn »

Oberto, did you ever remember the names of the two cities from which most Kansas City Italians came?

Angela
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In Kansas City, many italians coming from Caccamo (Sicily, IT); in Kansas City from other sicilian place: Castelvetrano, Palermo, Corleone, Mezzojuso, Gibellina, Alcara..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH