Search found 5 matches

by deanamadio
22 May 2009, 18:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giuseppe Amadio b. about 1876, Roma
Replies: 2
Views: 3851

Re: Giuseppe Amadio b. about 1876, Roma

Actually, it's mostly correct. Eugenia is actually Eugenio (though in the original document it does look like Eugenia). Also, the actual spelling is supposed to be Pacelli (again, in the original document it does say Pecilli). Also Adi is the wife of Joseph. Eugenio is actually the nephew of Joseph ...
by deanamadio
22 May 2009, 18:19
Topic: Obtaining Italian Stamps
Replies: 13
Views: 9428

Re: Obtaining Italian Stamps

I always send a newly purchased IRC, a self-addressed return envelope, and $5.00 US with all of my requests. Grottaglie expedites a reply without a problem but they always return the IRCs and the money. I don't understand why they ask me to send future correspondences with the appropriate Italian po...
by deanamadio
21 May 2009, 20:53
Topic: Obtaining Italian Stamps
Replies: 13
Views: 9428

Re: Obtaining Italian Stamps

Don't you just enclose an International Reply Coupon (you can get these at the post office). I assume you mean to have someone send you something back from Italy? They can use these to purchase postage to the U.S. in Italy. I just did this yesterday, and apparently the cost has gone up (they have to...
by deanamadio
21 May 2009, 20:51
Topic: Giuseppe Amadio b. about 1876, Roma
Replies: 2
Views: 3851

Giuseppe Amadio b. about 1876, Roma

Hello. Brand new to the board. I am looking for information on the family of Giuseppe Amadio, b. in or around Roma about 1876. His father was Eugenio Amadio, mother was Rosa Corradino. He was in the U.S. in the early 1900s living on Columbia St. in Brooklyn, NY. He married Grazia Pacelli in 1904 and...
by deanamadio
21 May 2009, 20:38
Topic: Pacellis from San Valentino Torio (Salerno) > Brooklyn, N
Replies: 0
Views: 3227

Pacellis from San Valentino Torio (Salerno) > Brooklyn, N

Just found this site! Here's information about my Pacellis: According to a few documents, my Pacellis are from San Valentino Torio (Salerno) - in the Campagna region. Sarno is a very nearby (few miles) village/city, and I know others in the U.S. are researching Pacellis from there. My Pacellis came ...