Search found 20 matches
- 22 Sep 2009, 21:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
So i checked with NARA and they directed me to call the county where the application took place. Apparently, in the early 1900's you could get citizenship from the county level courts. However, when i contacted them they sent me only his declaration of intention. It is certified, but will the ...
- 11 Sep 2009, 18:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
Sorry but I was still hoping someone would be able to answer the question of where can I obtain a certified copy of my GGF nat. record. the USCIS told me I can only get it from my local field office in Newark, NJ. is this true?
I cant find anywhere on the website that tells me differently. But when ...
I cant find anywhere on the website that tells me differently. But when ...
- 16 Aug 2009, 15:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
So I just got back some information on my GGF from USCIS....
I was hoping for a clear ledgable copy of his naturalization cert. to give to the consulate when I get all my docs in order.
Instead what I got was a barely ledgable photo copy of the doc.
When I callled and asked them where I can get an ...
I was hoping for a clear ledgable copy of his naturalization cert. to give to the consulate when I get all my docs in order.
Instead what I got was a barely ledgable photo copy of the doc.
When I callled and asked them where I can get an ...
- 07 Jul 2009, 14:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
Thank you for the quick answer...I am waiting for my GGF nat rec from the USCIS and have a query in on my GGM. Hopefully they will find her record in which case I will have the exact DOB for both my GGP's which will make things much easier when aquiring their docs from Italy.
In reference to the ...
In reference to the ...
- 07 Jul 2009, 12:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
In reference to above, does anyone know if a naturalization record from the US has the original DOB of its applicant?
This would give the exact DOB or both my GGP's
This would give the exact DOB or both my GGP's
- 29 Jun 2009, 16:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
Where/how would I contact the "anagrafe" (see quote above)?
My GF lived and my GGF was born in the town of Pontecorvo region of Lazio.
My GF lived and my GGF was born in the town of Pontecorvo region of Lazio.
- 23 Jun 2009, 21:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
Sorry for the double post
Ask them for a document stating he was an Italian citizen- the anagrafe can print out a certificato di cittadinanza with a press of a button.
My local consulate told me to ask for a “Certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italianaâ€
- 23 Jun 2009, 21:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: grandfather's citizenship papers
- Replies: 12
- Views: 10335
Re: grandfather's citizenship papers
Ask them for a document stating he was an Italian citizen- the anagrafe can print out a certificato di cittadinanza with a press of a button.
My local consulate told me to ask for a “Certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italianaâ€
- 23 Jun 2009, 21:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: grandfather's citizenship papers
- Replies: 12
- Views: 10335
Re: grandfather's citizenship papers
Ask them for a document stating he was an Italian citizen- the anagrafe can print out a certificato di cittadinanza with a press of a button.
My local consulate told me to ask for a “Certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italianaâ€
- 04 Jun 2009, 21:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: grandfather's citizenship papers
- Replies: 12
- Views: 10335
Re: grandfather's citizenship papers
Great, thank you, one last question, did you put you request into any type of pre-required "form"? Or did you just write a letter with all the pertanent information.
- 04 Jun 2009, 17:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
I dont see a databaase for Lazio. guess I am out of luck from ancestry.com?
- 04 Jun 2009, 17:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: grandfather's citizenship papers
- Replies: 12
- Views: 10335
Re: grandfather's citizenship papers
I am going through the same situation, except with my GGF and GGM. But you seem to be further along in your process.
I am replying with a question though, how much $ or Euro do you send with your request of any record, if any?
I know the letter should be in Italian with return postage, but I am ...
I am replying with a question though, how much $ or Euro do you send with your request of any record, if any?
I know the letter should be in Italian with return postage, but I am ...
- 04 Jun 2009, 17:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
I am having some trouble with ancestry.com. I cant seem to ooofind out how to search records in Italy. I am looking for my GGF Niclola Cpaoruscio
1879-1933 and my GGM Angeliana Caporuscio (Cicilline) 1883 - ?
GGF from Pontecorvo, Italy
GGm I assume the same
Both born, married and died in Italy.
Any ...
1879-1933 and my GGM Angeliana Caporuscio (Cicilline) 1883 - ?
GGF from Pontecorvo, Italy
GGm I assume the same
Both born, married and died in Italy.
Any ...
- 31 May 2009, 19:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
I have been searching ancesrty.com but I cant seem to find any records from Italy.
I am looking for my GGF Nicola Caporuscio born approx 1881 in Pontecorvo, Lazio, Italy
I find many records on him in the states but nothing in Italy, am I searching wrong?
I would love to find his birth and death ...
I am looking for my GGF Nicola Caporuscio born approx 1881 in Pontecorvo, Lazio, Italy
I find many records on him in the states but nothing in Italy, am I searching wrong?
I would love to find his birth and death ...
- 30 May 2009, 16:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
- Replies: 35
- Views: 30845
Re: Was my grand father an Italian citizen?
excellent, all I have to do is wait for th USCIS to hopefully come back with his exact DOB and I am in business.
Thanks for the format.
Thanks for the format.