Search found 9 matches

by khafitzkha
13 Jun 2009, 22:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Trying to learn my true surname.
Replies: 13
Views: 12578

Re: Trying to learn my true surname.

I found that box and checked through my copies of marriage licenses. Didn't find a match for you. I checked the Illinois Secretary of State website Marriage database and didn't find anything either. Oh well -- I tried.

Barry
by khafitzkha
13 Jun 2009, 22:05
Topic: Trying to learn my true surname.
Replies: 13
Views: 12578

Re: Trying to learn my true surname.

I have ancestry in Will and Grundy counties and awhile back I had a local researcher get copies of some marriage licenses for me. The surnames I had her check included any Fenoglios and Gaddos because one of my direct surnames is Fenoglio Gaddo. I may have a copy of any marriage license in the colle...
by khafitzkha
11 Jun 2009, 02:52
Topic: Determining great x 4 grandfather's last name
Replies: 11
Views: 8086

Re: Determining great x 4 grandfather's last name

Italy DNA Project at Family Tree DNA

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Italy/default.aspx

Email Vincent Vizachero, Group Administrator for the Italy DNA Project

vincent@vizachero.com

Barry in TN
by khafitzkha
11 Jun 2009, 02:35
Topic: Determining great x 4 grandfather's last name
Replies: 11
Views: 8086

Re: Determining great x 4 grandfather's last name

Is this man your direct paternal ancestor? I saw your message name and wondered if that was the case. If he was, then you could possibly do a test of your DNA to maybe get some answers. My given surname is Jernigan but DNA testing has revealed that I am really a Group 7A Chandler and I now belong to...
by khafitzkha
11 Jun 2009, 02:20
Topic: Falletti Family
Replies: 56
Views: 61187

Re: Falletti Family

Some places to look for Falettis in US census (1860 to 1900). Searching for Soundex of FALETTI and birthplace Italy Ancestry.com's Search Index results in the following: 1860: Field (Boston Ward 6, Suffolk County, Massachusetts); Fletae (New York Ward 6, District 1, New York City, New York); Float (...
by khafitzkha
11 Jun 2009, 01:25
Topic: Double Italian surnames -- what is the reason?
Replies: 5
Views: 13734

Double Italian surnames -- what is the reason?

My great grandmother was Ida Fenoglio Gaddo. Her whole original maiden surname was "Fenoglio Gaddo". This caused some problems for researchers of the name because sometimes it is only written as "Gaddo" with "F." being considered a middle initial -- which it isn't. Some...
by khafitzkha
10 Jun 2009, 00:40

These are my direct ancestors back to several of my fourth great-grandfathers in Italy. My grandfather was Leslie Paulino Valerio, son of Giovanni Ignazio Valeriano and Ida Fenoglio Gaddo. He was born 27 June 1918 in Torino, Reed Township, Will County, Illinois, USA. He died 11 August 1982 in Apopka...
by khafitzkha
09 Jun 2009, 23:15

This is info from The Braidwood Story by Modesto M. J. Donna, original copyright date 1957 Stephen Faletti Family Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Faletti and family came to Braidwood from Partuso, Italy in 1873, and became one of the several leaders of the large Italian colony here, and did valiant work in the...
by khafitzkha
09 Jun 2009, 22:54

I am probably related to some here. Rosa Bianco in Torino, Italy has been doing some research in the diocese archives there for myself and others in the USA including Michele Enrietta Micetich, who is the proprietor of the Carbon Hill Museum in Carbon Hill, Illinois. If you ever get a chance to go t...