Search found 9 matches
- 24 Sep 2009, 12:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Valente Isodoro Giovanni
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2998
Re: Valente Isodoro Giovanni
Thank you Peter!
- 24 Sep 2009, 12:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Valente Isodoro Giovanni
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2998
Valente Isodoro Giovanni
In a swedish record from 1903 there is a person written as Valente Isodoro Giovanni (from S:t Gassie in Caserta province). In Sweden that says his surname is Giovanni as we write given names before the surname, but I suspect that Valente is the surname. What do you think?
- 12 Sep 2009, 06:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vetese, Vettese, Wetese or Wettese
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3254
Re: Vetese, Vettese, Wetese or Wettese
Thank you Peter! I'll check out the link.
- 11 Sep 2009, 21:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vetese, Vettese, Wetese or Wettese
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3254
Vetese, Vettese, Wetese or Wettese
What is the correct spelling of this surname, or maybe it can be spelled either way!? With V, W or both? With one (t) or two (tt)? Records found in Sweden.
- 10 Sep 2009, 12:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jaconelli, Jakonelli & Jacornelli
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3077
Re: Jaconelli, Jakonelli & Jacornelli
Ohh, I see. There is alot to learn. Thanks.
I guess there is no spelling of the name with k or r either!?
I suppose then that the names Jacopucci = Iacopucci, Janco = Ianco & Jori = Iori ...
I guess there is no spelling of the name with k or r either!?
I suppose then that the names Jacopucci = Iacopucci, Janco = Ianco & Jori = Iori ...
- 10 Sep 2009, 09:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Ginseppe = Giuseppe?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3545
Re: Ginseppe = Giuseppe?
Thank you Lucap!
- 10 Sep 2009, 08:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italians in Sweden
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2353
Italians in Sweden
At WikiTree (beta) I have registered some Italians in Sweden . Not all of them emigrated to Sweden, many seems to have been travelling and working temporarily as stucco workers (plasterers), barrel organ players etc. Some ended up in Swedish Police Records (even without setting their foot in Sweden ...
- 10 Sep 2009, 08:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jaconelli, Jakonelli & Jacornelli
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3077
Jaconelli, Jakonelli & Jacornelli
I have registered some Italians in Sweden at WikiTree (beta) and as I don't know italian I have some questions about spelling.
Me, swedish authorities and transcribers of records have trouble getting foreign names right. Should all Jakonelli & Jacornelli really be written Jaconelli , or could they ...
Me, swedish authorities and transcribers of records have trouble getting foreign names right. Should all Jakonelli & Jacornelli really be written Jaconelli , or could they ...
- 10 Sep 2009, 07:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Ginseppe = Giuseppe?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3545
Ginseppe = Giuseppe?
I wonder if Ginseppe is a real italian given name or if it is just a misspelled Giuseppe? Records found in Sweden.