Hi Peter and all! I got a reply in Italian from the section office via email this morning. It sounds like I need to submit my request in writing, but can anyone translate for me? Thanks!
----------
in merito a quanto richiesto con l'e-mail in riferimento, si comunica che le notizie sul trascorso ...
Search found 10 matches
- 29 Oct 2009, 11:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Oliva-Rizzo family Milazzo
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5983
- 17 Oct 2009, 02:16
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help w/gravestone translation, please
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6473
Re: help w/gravestone translation, please
I am trying to figure out if Placido is a relation referred to as Robert in my mother's genealogy papers. The death date is close, and I can't seem to find any information about a Robert Campanella in Philadelphia who died around that time. One thing I do know is that Robert's mother Maria outlived ...
- 17 Oct 2009, 02:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help w/gravestone translation, please
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6473
Re: help w/gravestone translation, please
Thank you very much!
- 16 Oct 2009, 15:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help w/gravestone translation, please
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6473
help w/gravestone translation, please
Could anyone translate this gravestone for me?
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... pi=6930156
Many thanks in advance.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... pi=6930156
Many thanks in advance.
- 02 Oct 2009, 11:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Oliva-Rizzo family Milazzo
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5983
Re: Oliva-Rizzo family Milazzo
Thanks Peter for the helpful email and post addresses. I've written the Roman Naval archives and will contact the section office as you suggest.
Since Luigi Rizzo is something of a military hero, it was easy to find his date of birth and I'm now wondering if he was Josephine's son and not her ...
Since Luigi Rizzo is something of a military hero, it was easy to find his date of birth and I'm now wondering if he was Josephine's son and not her ...
- 30 Sep 2009, 21:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Oliva-Rizzo family Milazzo
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5983
Re: Oliva-Rizzo family Milazzo
Thanks. I'm looking to complete and correct information I have. I have no Italian records. I'll try the microfilm. Thanks for the suggestion.
- 30 Sep 2009, 12:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: do I qualify for dual citizenship?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3750
Re: do I qualify for dual citizenship?
Thanks for the information.
Next I need to obtain birth certificates for John/Giovanni and Christina. John was born in Milazzo and Christina was born in Messina. Can anyone tell me the best way to get these?
Thanks for your help.
Next I need to obtain birth certificates for John/Giovanni and Christina. John was born in Milazzo and Christina was born in Messina. Can anyone tell me the best way to get these?
Thanks for your help.
- 30 Sep 2009, 12:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: relatives to Chicago
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5584
Re: relatives to Chicago
Hello,
Chicago is in Cook County, which has an online database of vital records here:
http://www.cookcountygenealogy.com/
I have an account there (you can sign up for one for free) and couldn't find any birth, death, or marriage records for these names for the time periods you listed. Do you know ...
Chicago is in Cook County, which has an online database of vital records here:
http://www.cookcountygenealogy.com/
I have an account there (you can sign up for one for free) and couldn't find any birth, death, or marriage records for these names for the time periods you listed. Do you know ...
- 30 Sep 2009, 10:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Oliva-Rizzo family Milazzo
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5983
Oliva-Rizzo family Milazzo
Hello, I'm looking for information on my ancestors. Thanks for any help.
John (Giovanni) Oliva, born 1866 in Milazzo, Sicily, reportedly immigrated to the US in 1890 according to notes on a 1910 Philadelphia census. He was reported to have attended an Italian naval academy.
His parents were Joseph ...
John (Giovanni) Oliva, born 1866 in Milazzo, Sicily, reportedly immigrated to the US in 1890 according to notes on a 1910 Philadelphia census. He was reported to have attended an Italian naval academy.
His parents were Joseph ...
- 29 Sep 2009, 22:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: do I qualify for dual citizenship?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3750
do I qualify for dual citizenship?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Do I qualify for dual citizenship?
My father David Oliva was born in Philadelphia PA in Dec. 13, 1927.
His father, Dominick Michael Oliva was born in Philadelphia PA in 1902.
His father's father, John Oliva, was born in Milazzo, Sicily in 1867 and according ...
Do I qualify for dual citizenship?
My father David Oliva was born in Philadelphia PA in Dec. 13, 1927.
His father, Dominick Michael Oliva was born in Philadelphia PA in 1902.
His father's father, John Oliva, was born in Milazzo, Sicily in 1867 and according ...