Search found 11 matches

by Countonme
19 Mar 2010, 18:17
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Dual Citizenship...How Do I Look?
Replies: 18
Views: 7833

Re: Dual Citizenship...How Do I Look?

I just received my Mom' B/C it is all messed up any idea's what to do next The last name was not spelled right My Moms middle name is wrong My G/F first name is not his name an last name has a A instead of a O at the end My G/M is using her 1 st marrierd name as he maiden name. An I thought my bigge...
by Countonme
18 Mar 2010, 21:53

Sorry to be a pest. The suspense is killing me. I cannot sleep. I've been to the public library with no luck. They told me to go to the Family History Center at the Mormon church. I've been to 2 of those and I have the film ordered. It will take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. I emailed and called Carnegie ...
by Countonme
18 Mar 2010, 16:35
Topic: Should I be a minor to be entitled for the citizenship...?
Replies: 11
Views: 6156

Re: Should I be a minor to be entitled for the citizenship..

We are not doing you justice by getting the story in small bits and pieces. You would get better advice if you told the entire story as completely as possible and all in a single message. Your father either was an Italian citizen on the date of your own birth or he was not - this is what must be de...
by Countonme
16 Mar 2010, 19:23

I am just guessing here, trying to be proactive. My mom was the last of five born. Looks like my grandpa got married in the mid 1930's to someone from Italy already here in US; had a kid or two and then applied for naturalization 1/12/35. It looks like they had a plan in place to become naturalized....
by Countonme
16 Mar 2010, 17:13

The USCIS looks a little complicated and I want to send in everything correctly the first time. It looks like it's going to take sometime to gather everything I need. Is there a way to do an unofficial check on naturalization records? Can I call somewhere or go into an office in California if I'm lo...
by Countonme
16 Mar 2010, 02:59

I live in San Francisco Ca. I think I could have all those certificates. The date my grandfather naturalized more than likely before my moms birth my mother's birth is the blocker. I will follow the link have to be 100% I am thinking he completed the naturalized process he was getting married soon a...
by Countonme
16 Mar 2010, 02:45

Thanks I have more info from this board in 20 min than I have gotten in three dayson my own.

It looks like I can slow down a little an get all the facts. one at a time it looks like I am not eligible. I will get all the info before I gave up.

Thanks for all your help
by Countonme
16 Mar 2010, 02:36

I'm not sure why I would call Italy right now. He married an Italian lady in Pittsburg, PA or maybe New York. I need to find the marriage date and certificate of his marriage. I found them online and he has a death certificate. But they are asking me for his dad's and mom's name in Italy. If it look...
by Countonme
16 Mar 2010, 02:13

WoW You Guys are quick

I was looking at his draft card I could not find any info on status citizen or Alien. do you know if he became a citizen of the U.S

Alphonso Danastasio D.O.B 1/21/1895
by Countonme
16 Mar 2010, 00:56

Dual Citizenship...How Do I Look?

Hi everybody, Sorry to ask citizenship questions being a newbie. How do I look? My grandpa was born in Italy in 1885 and came to the US in 1920. He signed a draft card in 1942 and passed away in 1986. He had 5 children. I can not find any citizenship or can not locate them on any census forms there ...