Search found 17 matches

by thegreypigeon
08 Feb 2011, 23:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Campobasso families: Prete, Bucci, Coletta
Replies: 3
Views: 4543

Re: Campobasso families: Prete, Bucci, Coletta

Hi "Redfoot" -I've just sussed who you are and we have already exchanged info- I just thought I'd come across another Prete in the link
Billy
by thegreypigeon
08 Feb 2011, 23:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Campobasso families: Prete, Bucci, Coletta
Replies: 3
Views: 4543

Re: Campobasso families: Prete, Bucci, Coletta

My great grandfather was Vittore Prete from Casale. He stayed in the same house in London as Domenico Prete in 1891 and Pietro Prete stayed 2 doors away. They all came from Casale.


I will forward some more info at weekend when I have more time.
by thegreypigeon
19 Nov 2010, 22:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno
Replies: 5
Views: 2607

Re: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes this is the one I was looking at as Francesco's son also has the middle name Antonio.
I will try to find out more about this area. Cheers.
by thegreypigeon
18 Nov 2010, 22:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno
Replies: 5
Views: 2607

Re: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno

I worked out from info that he - Francesco Prete was born in 1796. His son Giuseppe Prete was born in Conca Casale in 1837.
He married eleonora Matteo but their wedding record is not recorded in Isernia records.
I found a Francesco Prete born 1796 in Trevigno and was wondering if he lived here ...
by thegreypigeon
18 Nov 2010, 17:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno
Replies: 5
Views: 2607

Looking for Pretes in Trevigno

I think my gggfather may have come from Trevigno. How can I find any more info ?
by thegreypigeon
07 Nov 2010, 14:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth dates.
Replies: 2
Views: 1575

Birth dates.

Is there any particular reason for birth dates to be so vague on census e.g. born about 1866. Were people unsure of their own birthdays ?
Did it not mean much to people in these times ?
by thegreypigeon
27 Oct 2010, 19:13
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: ice cream vendors
Replies: 16
Views: 15637

Re: ice cream vendors

Yes Jamie My G.grandfather came from Italy to London - to Cambuslang as ice cream vendor in 1901. I think that was because Biaggs Rinaldi was the ice man and he supplied the others. He later had shop in Shettleston and finally Baillieston - then the bookies stepped in !
by thegreypigeon
16 Oct 2010, 16:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Older relatives just not interested
Replies: 43
Views: 22825

Re: Older relatives just not interested

You are so right. My remaining elder relatives keep everything a secret as if they are one up. They have many photographs which they keep to themselves. What I found out shows that their stories are false but I know they wouldn't appreciate soem home truths.
The good thing is that the rest of my ...
by thegreypigeon
03 Oct 2010, 18:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: atina records
Replies: 2
Views: 2466

atina records

What is the correct address to send for information in Atina as I have seen 2 different ones in the forum ?
Cheers
by thegreypigeon
13 Aug 2010, 21:54
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: ice cream vendors
Replies: 16
Views: 15637

Re: ice cream vendors

Thanks Emmy that is a brilliant essay detailing the trials of the shop owners in Glasgow - cheers.
by thegreypigeon
12 Aug 2010, 19:36
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Atina records
Replies: 8
Views: 7179

Re: Atina records

Thanks Tessa 78. If you send for this, forwarding ID and cash ,is it ok to send banknote ?
by thegreypigeon
11 Aug 2010, 15:26
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Atina records
Replies: 8
Views: 7179

Re: Atina records

So what would the address be ? I want to know her birth details before deciding to continue either on my own or with help from someone like yourself.
by thegreypigeon
10 Aug 2010, 22:13
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: ice cream vendors
Replies: 16
Views: 15637

ice cream vendors

Why did so many people who left Southern Italy to move to London become ice cream vendors ? Was it a skill they had before they left ?
by thegreypigeon
10 Aug 2010, 22:11
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Atina records
Replies: 8
Views: 7179

Atina records

How can I find Records for Atina about 1868 ? My great gran Rosalia Mancini is down as Nipote - what is that ?
by thegreypigeon
25 Jul 2010, 18:01
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: looking for a town
Replies: 10
Views: 5445

Re: replies to looking for a town

I can't believe the speed of reply from so many intelligent people. Cheers. The Atina one suits as it fits with other pieces I have. They did not marry in Italy but against her family wishes, ran away and were married in London in 1891. They stayed in Holborn next to others of her name ( Manicini ...