Search found 57 matches

by williamsburger
28 Feb 2024, 18:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Archivio di Stato Di Reggio Calabria, Sezione di Locri
Replies: 1
Views: 173

Archivio di Stato Di Reggio Calabria, Sezione di Locri

Does anyone have any experience with this archive? Is it possible to order scans of records from them? How long does it usually take to hear back? I've been trying to get two documents from their Locri site for three months now, but so far have had no luck. At the beginning of December, they told me...
by williamsburger
07 Feb 2024, 17:57
Topic: Cedolari/Quinternioni records from the Archivio di Stato di Napoli?
Replies: 1
Views: 100

Cedolari/Quinternioni records from the Archivio di Stato di Napoli?

I'm interested in obtaining the records from an auction of feudal property that took place in 1593. I found a reference to the sale in an academic book published in the 1970s: Pervenuto a Francesco Rodinò per vendita fattagli all'asta nel S.R.C., per D. 1200, contro il patrimonio del fu Bar. Giovan ...
by williamsburger
21 Jan 2024, 21:23
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Santa Flava / Sòlanto / Porticello in 18th-19th century riveli
Replies: 2
Views: 207

Re: Santa Flava / Sòlanto / Porticello in 18th-19th century riveli

Thanks for this reply. I’ve already exhausted the relevant records on FamilySearch and Antenati, unfortunately. The civil records for this area don’t begin until 1820, and FamilySearch only has church records for a handful of earlier years. They do, however, have riveli for Palermo beginning in the ...
by williamsburger
05 Dec 2023, 15:20
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Santa Flava / Sòlanto / Porticello in 18th-19th century riveli
Replies: 2
Views: 207

Santa Flava / Sòlanto / Porticello in 18th-19th century riveli

I'm trying to find any records from this general area in the riveli di beni e anime, but so far I haven't had any luck. I know that my ancestors came from Solanto/Porticello. From what I know, Santa Flavia was known as Solanto until 1880, but according to this law I found, the comune of Solanto was ...
by williamsburger
05 Dec 2023, 15:01
Topic: Catasti Onciari that have been digitized in Naples
Replies: 5
Views: 447

Re: Catasti Onciari that have been digitized in Naples

Thank you so much for this great advice! I'll definitely try that. Would the "carte/pagine" section of the request form be the correct place to say this?
by williamsburger
03 Dec 2023, 21:05

Re: Catasti Onciari that have been digitized in Naples

Thank you so much for this reply! Perhaps I could ask them to send me the index pages at the front (assuming the town has them) and then request the specific pages that my ancestors appeared on.
by williamsburger
03 Dec 2023, 06:18

Catasti Onciari that have been digitized in Naples

I'm interested in reviewing the catasto onciario record for Caulonia/Castelvetere. According to the Archivio di Stato di Napoli's database , this record is available in digital form in the archive's reading room, but I'm not able to travel there at the moment. If I were to request a copy of this rec...
by williamsburger
28 Apr 2023, 19:40
Topic: 1830s Palermo - Illegitimate Child of Married Father Recognized and Baptized?
Replies: 3
Views: 254

Re: 1830s Palermo - Illegitimate Child of Married Father Recognized and Baptized?

Suanj, I can't think you enough for this thoughtful, detailed response to my forum post. A decade ago, when I was first digging into my family's history with the intent of pursuing my dual citizenship, I remember how knowledgeable and helpful you were throughout that process. And now once again, you...
by williamsburger
25 Apr 2023, 13:17
Topic: 1830s Palermo - Illegitimate Child of Married Father Recognized and Baptized?
Replies: 3
Views: 254

1830s Palermo - Illegitimate Child of Married Father Recognized and Baptized?

I came across this situation while researching my family, and wondered if anyone could shed light. In essence: My 4x great-grandfather, Don Salvatore Finaltea, married his first wife, Donna Maria Antonia Vinci, in Palermo in 1815, at the church of Sant'Ippolito Martire. As far as I can tell, the cou...
by williamsburger
14 Sep 2011, 16:58
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: application forms for appointment
Views: 1267

Re: application forms for appointment

Thank you guys so much...I'm going to have my mother fill these forms out ahead of time, just so she has them, and so she'll have the correct information if the consulate wants them filled out on the premises. In reading these forms, it looks like 1&2 are to be filled out by the applicant, 3 is ...
by williamsburger
14 Sep 2011, 07:09
Topic: application forms for appointment
Views: 1267

application forms for appointment

Gosh, I can't believe how many questions I have! My mother's appointment in Newark is tomorrow (Thursday the 15th), and I'm just trying to make sure she has all the resources she needs. Regarding the forms that accompany the application, are those to be filled out ahead of time, or at the consulate?...
by williamsburger
11 Sep 2011, 22:33
Topic: Newark Appointment -- NYC Translation Certification?
Replies: 10
Views: 2946

Newark Appointment -- NYC Translation Certification?

Hi, everybody! Due to the hurricane, my appointment in Newark was postponed from Aug 31 to Sept 15th. This was in some ways a blessing, as it allowed time for my mother's birth certificate to arrive, with the corrections I had been desperately waiting for. However, in the interim, I've moved to Ohio...
by williamsburger
30 Aug 2011, 02:42
Topic: down to the wire!
Replies: 11
Views: 2891

Re: down to the wire!

Oh my gosh, Ray, I was totally confused by your send-off until I realized who you were. Would you mind facebooking me with that form?

Thanks!

PS, when is your appointment!
by williamsburger
26 Aug 2011, 03:04
Topic: down to the wire!
Replies: 11
Views: 2891

down to the wire!

I can't believe how quickly the summer has flown by....My appointment is next Tuesday (Aug 31) in Newark, and I'm biting my nails to make sure everything's all set. The day before yesterday, I visited the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, to see if they could give me the status of a corre...
by williamsburger
14 Aug 2011, 07:00
Topic: how many people can apply at once?
Replies: 4
Views: 1225

how many people can apply at once?

The days tick by until my appointment at the Newark Consulate...I'm still waiting for a few document corrections, but thanks to this board I have had my confidence restored that I can go to the Consulate with them and then send any necessary corrections later. My lineage is GGF -- GM -- M -- me, and...