Search found 8 matches

by sammyrobb
22 Oct 2010, 13:56
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help Italian in Frankfurt 1911-census? Germany/Belgium
Replies: 1
Views: 2653

Help Italian in Frankfurt 1911-census? Germany/Belgium

I am trying to trace my GGrandmother's family back in Italy. She had a sister Dominica Di Luzio who lived for a while in Frankfurt, Germany. Dominica had a daughter, Mafalda, who eventually settled in Scotland with my GGrandmother, and I have her birth certificate. Mafalda DiLuzia The administration...
by sammyrobb
21 Oct 2010, 20:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Milliary help 1918
Replies: 3
Views: 1630

Re: Milliary help 1918

Thank you so much for your message Riccardo. My ggmother's mother died when she was very young, we're not sure if her father also died or couldn't look after the children so she was taken into the care or friends/relatives and after traveling through Europe she settled in Scotland. She had at least ...
by sammyrobb
21 Oct 2010, 08:32
Topic: Milliary help 1918
Views: 1630

Milliary help 1918

I am trying to trace my GGrandmothers family but we have limited information and I'm starting to pull my hair out :cry: . I have come across a postcard her brother sent to her with the following information and I'm hoping someone may be able to help me in the right direction as to gaining further in...
by sammyrobb
18 Oct 2010, 20:35
Topic: Death Record - Handwriting and Translation help needed
Views: 1417

Re: Death Record - Handwriting and Translation help needed

Thank you very much. Looking at the register it appears they put everyone who died on the same day together. I think Maria Delisi may be my GGGrandmother. Thanks again
by sammyrobb
18 Oct 2010, 19:56
Topic: Death Record - Handwriting and Translation help needed
Views: 1417

Death Record - Handwriting and Translation help needed

I was lucky enough for someone to give me a link to records in the search for my Great Grandmother. It is written in Italian Script, and I would be very greatful if someone could read/ translate it for me. Di Lizi Maria 10/?/1902 Thank you I've attached the file, newbie, so hopefully it will post. :...
by sammyrobb
18 Oct 2010, 13:51
Topic: Newby trying to trace DeLucia DeLuzia in Terrasini
Replies: 5
Views: 1989

Re: Newby trying to trace DeLucia DeLuzia in Terrasini

Peg, I can't thank you enough, although you may have unearthed a new lead. It was though my GG was born in Marsielle, since there is both a port there and Palermo it would be possible for travel, however I have just looked up Terrazzano and it is only 240 miles from Marsielle. I'm away to look at th...
by sammyrobb
18 Oct 2010, 13:32

Re: Newby trying to trace DeLucia DeLuzia in Terrasini

Thank you so very much for your help. I have found the page you refer to, got into Palermo, then Terrasini, found the files but each one is saying "image is currently unavailable, please try later". I'll try later on but not sure if it's because they haven't been uploaded yet? At lease now...
by sammyrobb
18 Oct 2010, 12:23

Newby trying to trace DeLucia DeLuzia in Terrasini

Hello I'm new to this but feel hopeful in my difficult task after reading others posts. I am trying to trace my maternal Great-Grand mothers parents. My GG was born in 1885/86 or 87 Maria DeLuzio / DeLucio (unsure of birth place) but moved to Scotland as a young child, (6?) we think after her mother...