Thanks! Hopefully one day I'll be able to trace my family back far enough to see whether or not our Spataforas are related.
The thread you linked to was one I posted, but thanks!
Search found 12 matches
- 30 Oct 2010, 20:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6177
- 30 Oct 2010, 14:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6177
Re: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
I've managed to go back a few generations so far - I've used the family history center to locate some family records, and now I'm in the process of learning how to translate them. :)
My great grandfather Giuseppe Spatafora was born in 1870 in Caccamo to Vincenzo Spatafora and Antonia Tuso. He was ...
My great grandfather Giuseppe Spatafora was born in 1870 in Caccamo to Vincenzo Spatafora and Antonia Tuso. He was ...
- 29 Oct 2010, 22:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6177
spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
Is anyone else researching the names Spatafora and/or Tuso? My great-grandparents Giuseppe Spatafora and Concetta Tuso were born in Caccamo, Sicily and came to America in the late 1890s.
- 25 Oct 2010, 12:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7065
Re: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
Thanks everyone for all your help! I really appreciate it!!!
- 22 Oct 2010, 23:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7065
Re: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
Alright, let's test my new translation skills with a couple more records. :) Please review my translations and fill in any gaps?
Guiseppe Spatafora's birth record:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5105549319/sizes/l/in/photostream/
1870, 3rd of May in Caccamo, (can't tell if there's a ...
Guiseppe Spatafora's birth record:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5105549319/sizes/l/in/photostream/
1870, 3rd of May in Caccamo, (can't tell if there's a ...
- 22 Oct 2010, 19:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7065
- 22 Oct 2010, 18:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7065
Re: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
Thanks for the help! A couple of questions about Carmela's birth record (that apply to other records as well):
"his wife living with him" - I can't read all of the italian - is it sua moglie esso lui ???amente?
At the bottom, the handwritten part that begins with Letto, is that some standard ...
"his wife living with him" - I can't read all of the italian - is it sua moglie esso lui ???amente?
At the bottom, the handwritten part that begins with Letto, is that some standard ...
- 21 Oct 2010, 12:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7065
Re: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
I don't know how that happened - here they are again.
Giovani Tuso and Antonina Catalona marriage record:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5101012076/sizes/l/in/photostream/
Giovani Tuso and Maria Meida marriage record:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5101011236/sizes/l/in ...
Giovani Tuso and Antonina Catalona marriage record:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5101012076/sizes/l/in/photostream/
Giovani Tuso and Maria Meida marriage record:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5101011236/sizes/l/in ...
- 21 Oct 2010, 02:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1718
Re: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
Yeah, not sure how this happened - I only hit submit once. Thanks again for the FAST translations.
- 21 Oct 2010, 02:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7065
Re: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
Thank you so much! I'm working on learning to decipher the handwriting, but it's going pretty slow.
I'm hoping that having these translations will help me translate the rest.
Thanks again!!!
Thanks again!!!
- 21 Oct 2010, 00:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1718
help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
I'm having a hard time reading the handwriting in the following records. I would appreciate any help y'all could give me!
marriage record for Giovanni Tuso and Antonina Catalona:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5101012076/sizes/l/in/photostream/
marriage record for Giovanni Tuso and ...
marriage record for Giovanni Tuso and Antonina Catalona:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5101012076/sizes/l/in/photostream/
marriage record for Giovanni Tuso and ...
- 21 Oct 2010, 00:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7065
help translating birth and marriage records from Caccamo
I'm having a hard time reading the handwriting in the following records. I would appreciate any help y'all could give me!
marriage record for Giovanni Tuso and Antonina Catalona:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5101012076/sizes/l/in/photostream/
marriage record for Giovanni Tuso and ...
marriage record for Giovanni Tuso and Antonina Catalona:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54637349@N06/5101012076/sizes/l/in/photostream/
marriage record for Giovanni Tuso and ...