Search found 198 matches

by ginaruiz1998
04 Apr 2014, 16:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Possible next step in finding Atto di Morte!
Replies: 2
Views: 1058

Re: Possible next step in finding Atto di Morte!

Thank you, Livio. I also started looking for other children they may have had..and I found a death record for another child in 1859 that listed the father as still living...so that narrows down the years to 1859-1869. Moving in the right direction at least! :)
by ginaruiz1998
04 Apr 2014, 15:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Possible next step in finding Atto di Morte!
Views: 1058

Possible next step in finding Atto di Morte!

Good morning, everyone. I have a question on what I should do next to find two Atto di Morte's for my GGGGrandparents. This is what I know... My GGGGrandfather was born in 1843....I have the Atto di Nascita...and married wife #1 in 1869...I have found the Allegati on familysearch.org. For the first ...
by ginaruiz1998
24 Feb 2014, 19:49
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Atto di Matrimonio
Views: 1046

Re: Help with Atto di Matrimonio

Thank you, Erudita! I remember asking the Archivio di Stato di Messina if they had the Allegati there and they replied that they did not. Should I try the Comune di Novara? Thank you so much for your help!

Gina
by ginaruiz1998
24 Feb 2014, 18:33
Topic: Help with Atto di Matrimonio
Views: 1046

Help with Atto di Matrimonio

Hello! Can someone take a look at this Atto di Matrimonio from 1831? It is for Antonino Salvo and Domenica di Pietro...it continues on the next two pages as well. I am trying to make out the handwritten parts (again) where it explains the Allegati. I know I posted this a long time ago...but it was l...
by ginaruiz1998
20 Feb 2014, 19:34
Topic: help with translation of birth record
Replies: 3
Views: 1188

Re: help with translation of birth record

Hello Aviano8587! I am a Great-Niece of Rose D'Aveni! My mom, RoseMary, was her niece! I have extensive research on the D'Aveni's going back to around 1747 in Novara! Please PM me and I will share with you what I have!!!!!!

Grazie!
by ginaruiz1998
20 Feb 2014, 18:31
Topic: Help with Latin marriage record!
Replies: 36
Views: 6809

Re: Help with Latin marriage record!

Thank you, Erudita! My eyes are tired! I did find this one for Rocco Salerno...it says "vedovo de Maria" I believe....I am hoping it ties in to the marriage of Rocco Salerno from 1681! Can you verify? This is the last one for today..I promise! Gina https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-...
by ginaruiz1998
20 Feb 2014, 17:38

YIKES! I did see a few years later that at least one of the other women were still alive ..as evidenced in the Battesimo's! I did start looking at the Morti's...here is one that I found for a Filippo Salerno...but I can't make anything out other than the name. Can you take a look and see if you can ...
by ginaruiz1998
20 Feb 2014, 17:07

OK..so I confirmed Rocco's parents were Filippo and Angela. Should I assume that the priest did make a mistake in referencing the bride in Filippo's marriage document from 1649? I think he wrote "Vincentia." Also...while looking at the Baptism index...I noticed several other Filippo Salern...
by ginaruiz1998
19 Feb 2014, 20:07

OK! So my next step is to locate Rocco's Baptism record...Filippo (Philippi) Salerno should be the father...and I should start around the year 1650? Is that what you would do?
by ginaruiz1998
19 Feb 2014, 20:04

I thought there was a mistake in the Bride's parent's names too! But....If the record I found for Philippi's (Filippo) Baptism is the right one...then I am OK with getting one ancestral line to 1623! That's about 120 years further back than my Novara di Sicilia line and I was happy with that!
by ginaruiz1998
19 Feb 2014, 20:01

LOL! I can't believe we posted the same one! I wish the same priest indexed ALL those records! I have a hard time with the Battesimo's!
by ginaruiz1998
19 Feb 2014, 19:45

AAHHH!! Darn it! Just when I think I had it! Ok...I am going to take a little break and clear my head and come back to this in a bit!

Thanks for your hard work, Erudita!

Gina
by ginaruiz1998
19 Feb 2014, 18:01

Then there's this one from 1649! It's a marriage document for Philippi Salerno and Angela Damianus/Damiano. Not sure if this would be the one! Can you help me with the names of the parents? That is confusing to me! It's #35...and on the left side! Grazie, Gina https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T...