Search found 16 matches
- 12 Jan 2025, 05:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccario SA
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4864
Re: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccario SA
Unfortunately not. Are you also searching his history?
- 11 Jan 2025, 02:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccario SA
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4864
Re: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccario SA
Good Day Kent, my apologies, I’m seeing this a good 4 years later for the first time. This is the document I was referring to regarding the Garbini request. Hope this helps.https://ibb.co/3RncBg0
- 18 Nov 2010, 16:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7786
Re: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizens
You're probably right. I got that name from the letter, an Italian consulate translation from France on behalf of his son Jerome in 1922.mler wrote:I'm not sure about this, but isn't the town of his birth "Ventimiglia."
- 18 Nov 2010, 05:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Prisoner of War information captured on January 3, 1945
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1904
Re: Prisoner of War information captured on January 3, 1945
I am looking for information anyone might have on POW records from WWII. My grandfather, Matteo Sauro of Ripabottoni Italy, was captured in Egypt on January 3, 1945 and held in Alexandria Egypt for 7 months before being put on a ship and sent to Liverpool England via South Africa.
I am trying to ...
I am trying to ...
- 18 Nov 2010, 04:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccario SA
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4864
Re: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccari
Hi, in the previous txt I added abt Agostino: "figlio di Carlo" (=son of Carlo) so maybe can be helpful; send it and let me know if you receive the reply...
all the best,
suanj
Thanks SuanJ, I sent it. Just praying that I get a response from him in order for us to locate the birth certificate ...
all the best,
suanj
Thanks SuanJ, I sent it. Just praying that I get a response from him in order for us to locate the birth certificate ...
- 18 Nov 2010, 04:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7786
Re: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizens
When you get the birth certificate from Ventimiglia, there could be the marriage annotation on it, with the italian wife, so the consulate could ask you if you have like the death record of the italian wife (there was not divorce or separation at that time), and if your great grandmother was like ...
- 18 Nov 2010, 04:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7786
Re: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizens
ReasonedFaith - I am not a lawyer, nor do I have any idea of how the courts work in South Africa. ...
I agree with Mler, your main goal is to prove your bloodline. It seems you have that information. Granted, there is a tremendous doubt involved in your case - so, I'd look into applying at a ...
I agree with Mler, your main goal is to prove your bloodline. It seems you have that information. Granted, there is a tremendous doubt involved in your case - so, I'd look into applying at a ...
- 17 Nov 2010, 13:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7786
Re: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizens
Mler, he is qualified, yes, but what if the consulate says,
" a marriage record is missing and you need to bring it with apostille and translation",
and if Reasoned faith proves that it is all he has, the consulate says,
"i'm sorry, the paperwork is not complete, you can not apply without that ...
" a marriage record is missing and you need to bring it with apostille and translation",
and if Reasoned faith proves that it is all he has, the consulate says,
"i'm sorry, the paperwork is not complete, you can not apply without that ...
- 17 Nov 2010, 11:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7786
Re: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizens
Have you got only that affidavit? Dont you have a marriage record of them of traditional custom of Labola? if you have that kind of their marriage record, you can start to collect the paperwork.
As I already said, you risk to collect everything, put apostille and translations on all your documents ...
As I already said, you risk to collect everything, put apostille and translations on all your documents ...
- 17 Nov 2010, 11:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7786
Re: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizens
At this point the only problem is that your great grandparents never got married, there is not a marriage certificate or record of them, and since there is none, the paperwork is not complete (see the all listed documents above), and unfortunately your application would be denied.
The paperwork ...
The paperwork ...
- 17 Nov 2010, 10:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7786
Re: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizens
Thank you very much for the valuable information ricbru. Would this be true:
Hello, since parents of your grandmother where not married at time of her birth, you can not qualified to apply.
Even though my grandmother was given the maccario surname by her father and he lived with his South ...
Hello, since parents of your grandmother where not married at time of her birth, you can not qualified to apply.
Even though my grandmother was given the maccario surname by her father and he lived with his South ...
- 17 Nov 2010, 10:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccario SA
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4864
Re: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccari
I cannot thank you enough SuanJ. Thank you. You have no idea how greatful i am for this.
- 17 Nov 2010, 07:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccario SA
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4864
Re: Maccario Family From Vintimille Italy - Agustino Maccari
Hi,
it are several Maccarios in Ventimiglia (Imperia province, Liguria region, IT)
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi?ts=101&qs=maccario&dv=Ventimiglia&of=88940&iq=001921683828022030000465&btt=1&om=0&be=0
maybe you can write here http://www.cumpagniadiventemigliusi.it/#indirizzo
at Luigino ...
it are several Maccarios in Ventimiglia (Imperia province, Liguria region, IT)
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi?ts=101&qs=maccario&dv=Ventimiglia&of=88940&iq=001921683828022030000465&btt=1&om=0&be=0
maybe you can write here http://www.cumpagniadiventemigliusi.it/#indirizzo
at Luigino ...
- 17 Nov 2010, 05:02
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Does ayone else find this emotionally draining?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 24576
Re: Does ayone else find this emotionally draining?
Absolutely. draining I learned about abandonment of the Italian family when the father came to America and deaths of 4 babies out of 7 kids like you experienced.
This appears to be a common theme. My great grandfather started a second family in South Africa while leaving his other family in Italy ...
This appears to be a common theme. My great grandfather started a second family in South Africa while leaving his other family in Italy ...
- 17 Nov 2010, 04:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 17
- Views: 7786
Query From South Africa - Do I Qualify For Dual Citizenship
My story is a rather tragic, heartbreaking and perplexing one. My great grandfather came to South Africa in 1901 as a railroad construction worker from Vintimille Italy. He subsequently met my great grandmother who was black and had 8 children with her, 3 of which died very early on and he bought a ...