Search found 427 matches

by ItalianbellaSA
25 Jul 2018, 16:58
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Assist needed Rosario Incognito death
Replies: 3
Views: 138

Re: Assist needed Rosario Incognito death

Thank you Tessa. I cannot find his birth record. I've check all different years around the time period. Do you think it could be in another town? However, I do believe it said he was born in Patti. Where else can I look to confirm?
Thanks.
Sue
by ItalianbellaSA
25 Jul 2018, 02:29
Topic: Assist needed Rosario Incognito death
Views: 138

Assist needed Rosario Incognito death

Hi Everyone: I am still working hard on my research. Just when I thought I couldn't find anything else, I find this record of a death of Rosario Incognito, who is the son of my great-grandparents, Carmela Cappadona and Rosario Incognito. I found that death record in Patti, Messina, Sicily. Here is t...
by ItalianbellaSA
12 Jun 2018, 03:26
Topic: Translation of Death Record - Maria Grazia Antista
Replies: 6
Views: 196

Re: Translation of Death Record - Maria Grazia Antista

Thank you all so much for your help! So this record was for the death of Cosimana and was being nourished by Maria Grazia Antista. I appreciate the help.
by ItalianbellaSA
10 Jun 2018, 22:59
Topic: Translation of Death Record - Maria Grazia Antista
Replies: 6
Views: 196

Translation of Death Record - Maria Grazia Antista

Good afternoon everyone: I am still pursuing the Antista genealogy in Geraci Siculo and Polizzi Generosa. I came across this death record for a Maria Grazia (?) Antista for the year 1861 in Geraci Siculo. I could use a little assistance with the translation. Here is what I have been able to decipher...
by ItalianbellaSA
11 May 2018, 02:51
Topic: Birth Record for Concetta Albanese
Replies: 2
Views: 151

Birth Record for Concetta Albanese

Hi Everyone: I was pleasantly surprised that the Antenati Site now has the records for Polizzi Generous and Geraci Siculo. I could use a little assistance with the translation of this birth record for Concetta Albanese: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Palermo/Stato+ci...
by ItalianbellaSA
16 Feb 2018, 13:54
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Contrada ?
Views: 362

Re: Contrada ?

Thank you Giuseppe!
by ItalianbellaSA
15 Feb 2018, 00:29
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Contrada ?
Views: 362

Contrada ?

Hi Everyone: I am still researching my Italian ancestry but haven't been on this site in a while. However, I do have a question. I am wondering about the locations listed on the birth, death and marriage records. Most of my family is from Patti, Montagnareale, Gioiosa Marea, and Librizzi. As I was r...
by ItalianbellaSA
09 Nov 2017, 01:01
Topic: Translation Assistance with Birth Record
Views: 226

Re: Translation Assistance with Birth Record

Thank you. That is exactly what I thought, but wanted to make sure.
by ItalianbellaSA
08 Nov 2017, 00:32
Topic: Translation Assistance with Birth Record
Views: 226

Translation Assistance with Birth Record

Hi Everyone: I could use a little assistance with this birth record. I have been able to translate most of it, but I am not sure if the baby is male or female. I am thinking it is a male because (lo stresso e nato da) if it were female there would be a's instead of o's. Date of birth: November 25, 1...
by ItalianbellaSA
26 Oct 2017, 02:11
Topic: Translation Assistance with Marriage Record-Insigna
Replies: 4
Views: 305

Translation Assistance with Marriage Record-Insigna

Hi Everyone: I could use a little help with a translation of a marriage record. I am looking for the marriage record of Giuseppe Insigna and Preziosa Innuso of Mistretta, Messina, Italy. I think I found the correct record in the index for 1854 but not sure about the translation of the actual record....
by ItalianbellaSA
06 Aug 2017, 16:09
Topic: Mastrofino-Where in Italy Did they Come from?
Replies: 8
Views: 707

Re: Mastrofino-Where in Italy Did they Come from?

Wow! Thank you so very much! So her name was Appollonia! I have seen her name differently in my research but never Appollonia.

Thanks again!

Sue Antista
by ItalianbellaSA
04 Aug 2017, 19:31
Topic: Mastrofino-Where in Italy Did they Come from?
Replies: 8
Views: 707

Re: Mastrofino-Where in Italy Did they Come from?

Sorry that was the second page of the manifest. They start with number 21. https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/7488/NYT715_2395-0087?pid=4017061125&backurl=http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?_phsrc%3DuhK293%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource%26usePUBJs%3Dtrue%26gss%3Dangs-c%26new%3D1%26rank%3D1%26m...