Search found 26 matches

by JoshFM
28 Mar 2012, 16:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Chicago appt recap
Replies: 13
Views: 2782

Re: Chicago appt recap

Angela, Thanks for the great information! I'll be traveling to Chicago from Wyoming, so I want to make sure I have everything in order. I have a few more questions, if you don't mind. By "letter of recognition," are you referring to a letter from the comune in Italy, or a letter from the c...
by JoshFM
28 Mar 2012, 01:02
Topic: Chicago appt recap
Replies: 13
Views: 2782

Re: Chicago appt recap

Thank you for sharing your story. How did things end up for you? Complete success, I hope. I'm applying in Chicago in May and am getting nervous because my situation is not typical (none are, most likely). I'm going through my GGF>GF>Mother. Somewhat similar to you, it seems. Did your mother applied...
by JoshFM
07 Oct 2011, 22:13
Topic: Apostille on Letter from County Recorder?
Replies: 2
Views: 826

Apostille on Letter from County Recorder?

I will be applying through the GGF>GF>M>Me line at the Chicago consulate next year. My grandparents were married in Washoe County (Reno), Nevada in 1950. At that time, the marriage license application did not request birth dates or birth cities for the bride and groom. I have received certified copi...
by JoshFM
07 Oct 2011, 22:12
Topic: Applying with a minor
Replies: 5
Views: 1639

Re: Applying with a minor

I will be applying for my 4-year-old when I apply in Chicago next year. Does anyone know if the child has to attend the appointment in person? Or, can I just bring in all the necessary paperwork with me?
by JoshFM
30 Jun 2011, 20:38
Topic: Divorce Certificates Needed? Chicago Consulate
Replies: 4
Views: 1050

Re: Divorce Certificates Needed? Chicago Consulate

I'm referring to my grandparents and my parents' divorce. I'm applying through the GGF>GF>M lineage. My Italian great-grandparents remained married until death, as they vowed to. For my grandparents and parents, it was a different story. I'm thinking that since Chicago does not mention divorce recor...
by JoshFM
30 Jun 2011, 20:25
Topic: Divorce Certificates Needed? Chicago Consulate
Views: 1050

Divorce Certificates Needed? Chicago Consulate

For jure sanguinis, does anyone know if the Chicago Consulate requires divorce certificates? It does not state anything about divorce certificates in the application, but I want to be really thorough and have everything together so I don't have to make a return trip to Chicago after being denied. Th...
by JoshFM
30 Jun 2011, 20:19
Topic: Consulat Jurisdiction and Application-Chicago and California
Views: 906

Re: Consulat Jurisdiction and Application-Chicago and Califo

Thanks, Carmine. I've taken this quote from page 11 of the actual Chicago application document, which is the first link you provided above. I was intent on applying in Chicago, but this statement is just confusing. Another unrelated confusing factor is the fact that the application refers to obtaini...
by JoshFM
30 Jun 2011, 20:13
Topic: chicago consulate
Replies: 7
Views: 3215

Re: chicago consulate

I live in the Chicago area. After gathering together all documents, I sent in the appointment forms on June 17th for me and my sister, she then got an email response from the Consulate which said to re-submit an appointment form after January 1st 2012 because they are all booked for 2011. Has anyon...
by JoshFM
30 Jun 2011, 20:02

Re: Consulat Jurisdiction and Application-Chicago and Califo

I'm sorry I did not put my situation in context. I will be applying jure sanguinis. My Italian-born great-grandfather settled in California and that is where my family was born and raised. It is confusing to me because it says "certificates must be submitted to the Consular Office that has juri...
by JoshFM
30 Jun 2011, 19:48

Consulat Jurisdiction and Application-Chicago and California

I'm confused by a statement in the application directions from the Chicago consulate. On page 11 of the application it states: PLEASE NOTE: Vital statistics certificates (birth, marriage, death, etc.) that occurred in the United States of America in relation to Italian citizens must be registered at...
by JoshFM
28 Jun 2011, 22:30
Topic: chicago consulate
Replies: 7
Views: 3215

Re: chicago consulate

I have been doing research on the Chicago consulate and discovered that they only make appointments for citizenship application at the beginning of the year for the entire calendar year. I too received the notice to make an appointment request after January 1, 2012. Later, I found (on another forum)...