Applying with a minor

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
timjolin

Applying with a minor

Post by timjolin »

Hi,

I'm wrapping up my citizenship quest and am about to send off my application (mail in at the San Fran consulate). I've looked for details about applying with a minor child and haven't found much. My question is whether or not I must fill out a separate application for my minor child or just include her info on my application along with birth cert.

Thanks.
JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Applying with a minor

Post by JJ313 »

There is a section for minor children on your application. Complete it and attach BC, apostille and translation and you're good to go. Good luck.
timjolin

Post by timjolin »

Thanks JJ313.
jgenduso
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jgenduso »

That's what I did as well for my kids. It details it in the instructions from the consulate website. JJ313 is spot on on what you need.

Joseph
Joseph F Genduso, PMP, MEng, MBA

Researching Genduso, Lo Re, Cagnina, Gallina, Mancuso, Mazzarisi, Panzica, Fratallone and Trombello in Resuttano (CL), Sicily
JoshFM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JoshFM »

I will be applying for my 4-year-old when I apply in Chicago next year. Does anyone know if the child has to attend the appointment in person? Or, can I just bring in all the necessary paperwork with me?
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

The minor child does not need to be present.