Search found 159 matches

by JJ313
13 Sep 2012, 16:56
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Impossible to find birth certificate in Argentina
Replies: 46
Views: 17688

Re: Impossible to find birth certificate in Argentina

Under Law number 470 of 27 October, 1988, Italian citizens who depart and remain outside the territory for a continuous period of 12 months or more are required, within 90 days from the date of departure from Italian territory, to register with the Italian Consular Office that has jurisdiction over ...
by JJ313
27 Jul 2012, 16:22
Topic: Do I need to have naturalization record apostille/translated
Replies: 1
Views: 1829

Re: Do I need to have naturalization record apostille/transl

If you are applying at a consulate in the US you do not have to translate/Apostille the naturalization records. If you are applying at a comune in Italy you would be required to translate and Apostille the naturalization records.
by JJ313
13 Jul 2012, 19:06
Topic: Is my friend Elligible?
Replies: 5
Views: 2778

Re: Is my friend Elligible?

One other thing to consider, did her GGF naturalized after 7/1/1912? If he naturalized prior to that date then her GM even though she was born in the US would have lost Italian citizenship. After that date she is okay.
by JJ313
05 Jul 2012, 21:11
Topic: Using a baptism record in place of a birth record
Replies: 5
Views: 3786

Re: Using a baptism record in place of a birth record

Houston has in the past accepted baptismal certificates in lieu of BC.
by JJ313
04 Jul 2012, 20:51
Topic: Submitted all final paperwork, now what?
Replies: 14
Views: 6682

Re: Submitted all final paperwork, now what?

This may be a difficult concept for some, but consulates do follow different procedures for passport applications. If you look at the Philly consulates website their directions clearly state the requirements for applying for a passport. They do not have any direction for making an appointment, howev...
by JJ313
25 Jun 2012, 19:46
Topic: dual citizenship through marriage
Replies: 7
Views: 3460

Re: dual citizenship through marriage

There is a separate form for jure matrimoni applicants which you can obtain from the NY consulate's website under Services, Consular Services, Citizenship, Citizenship by Marriage to an Italian Citizen. I would post a link but these have not worked in the past. The site also contains pretty good ins...
by JJ313
25 Jun 2012, 16:20
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: How's that passport tax work?
Views: 6620

Re: How's that passport tax work?

It is my understanding that a valid Marca de Bollo is required when presenting your Italian passport to an Italian border control agent when exiting Italy for travel outside the Schengen area. Ann, I am curious as to how your husband is able to travel without it. Does he connect through another Sche...
by JJ313
24 Jun 2012, 20:43
Topic: original documentation or case number?
Replies: 4
Views: 2198

Re: original documentation or case number?

Only one set of originals is necessary where the documents are the same. You should provide the consulate with copies of the documents along with the file number from the consulate where the originals were filed. Please keep in mind that each consulate will make its own determination on each documen...
by JJ313
21 Jun 2012, 17:13
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: How's that passport tax work?
Views: 6620

Re: How's that passport tax work?

The tax stamp is only required when you use your Italian passport to exit Italy when you are not connecting through a Schengen country. To illustrate if you are in Italy and have a flight from Rome to NY you need a valid tax stamp. If your flight is from Rome to Paris connecting to NY you do not nee...
by JJ313
21 Jun 2012, 14:53
Topic: Random Questions about Dual-Citizenship
Replies: 3
Views: 2259

Re: Random Questions about Dual-Citizenship

SF will permit appointments for multiple family members in the same line. The consulates will also share information regarding applicants at different consulates. So in your case you would not have to resubmit documents for GGF and GF, all you would have to do is provide copies and the file number f...
by JJ313
20 May 2012, 20:13
Topic: Certifying Translations - Citizenship
Views: 4073

Re: Certifying Translations - Citizenship

I am not sure how much I could add but if you want me to look at them I can give you my two cents worth of translating skills. :)
by JJ313
20 May 2012, 20:02
Topic: Documentation Requirements for Ancestor with Name Change
Replies: 20
Views: 9912

Re: Documentation Requirements for Ancestor with Name Change

You do not need any additional documentation or reason for why he changed his name. The certificate of naturalization document that you have is all the evidences you need to demonstrate a legal name change. It was and still is part of the naturalization process that an applicant can declare a name c...
by JJ313
20 May 2012, 16:07
Topic: Documentation Requirements for Ancestor with Name Change
Replies: 20
Views: 9912

Re: Documentation Requirements for Ancestor with Name Change

Yes, that is all you need. It is a legal name change and the consulate will accept it.
by JJ313
16 May 2012, 17:14
Topic: New York long-form birth certificates (non-NYC)
Views: 3739

Re: New York long-form birth certificates (non-NYC)

NYS system is difficult, NYC is much easier to work with. Some of the other states can be problem too. I hear people complain about CT.
by JJ313
16 May 2012, 15:38
Topic: New York long-form birth certificates (non-NYC)
Views: 3739

Re: New York long-form birth certificates (non-NYC)

The locals do issue a different document. Request a new copy from the municipality or directly from Albany. For examples go to foreigndocumentexpress.com (I am not recommending their service).