Search found 36 matches

by apersico
01 Sep 2021, 13:14
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini
Replies: 8
Views: 4051

Re: Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini

hi Thanks, yes Coreggia is a hamlet of Alberobello currently, but in the past time pertaining Monopoli Municipality, and however Coreggia had own civil records like a Municipality: Giuseppe Bini born in Coreggia on 9 jun 1885 son of Pietro Bini 35 old, farmer, domiciled in Monopoli and of Antonia A...
by apersico
01 Sep 2021, 01:24

Hello, I'm trying to find a ship manifest for my great grandfather's brother, Giuseppe Bini. My great grandfather was Cosmo Bini, who immigrated to the US in 1906 from Alberobello. I found 2 ship manifests for Cosmo, one in 1905, where his name is crossed out, and another in 1906. Both records say ...
by apersico
22 Jul 2021, 21:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Recent Death Records
Views: 904

Re: Recent Death Records

Tessa78 wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 16:47 Can you post a link to the birth act?

T.
Here is a link to the birth record: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

It's Mariantonia Giacovelli, #32
by apersico
22 Jul 2021, 21:11

Italysearcher wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 17:52 Request an EXTRACT Of her death record. Say its for citizenship purposes. Include photo ID and describe how you are related.
The extract should give you her spouse's name whether he is dead or alive.
Thank you! I might give this a shot!
by apersico
22 Jul 2021, 21:11

Here is a link to the birth record: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

It's Mariantonia Giacovelli, #32
by apersico
22 Jul 2021, 15:58

Unfortunately, I don't know what her husband's name was, so I'm not sure how to find them. I was hoping the death record would have this info, but I'm not sure I'd even be allowed to get a copy.
by apersico
22 Jul 2021, 14:33
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Test shows I have Italian on both sides, but my mother has no Italian ancestry
Replies: 9
Views: 6861

Re: Test shows I have Italian on both sides, but my mother has no Italian ancestry

I tested my father at 23 and Me and Ancestry. I tested my grandmother (his mother) at Ancestry. According to 23 and Me, my dad is 66.6% Southern European - 65% Italian and 1.6% Broadly Southern European. On Ancestry, he's 24% Northern Italian, 12% Greek/Albanian, and 2% Southern Italian: so only 38%...
by apersico
22 Jul 2021, 13:58

Recent Death Records

I located my great grandmother's sisters birth record in 1889, and in the margin was her date of death - Jan 8, 1979 in Locorotondo. I've been trying to obtain more information on her, including spouse and childrens' names. She was the only sibling of my great grandmother to remain in Italy, and I'm...
by apersico
18 Jul 2021, 21:31

The one dated June is going to Utica, NY as final destination. I didn't check the others. The March 30 one doesn't look right. He was not from Torre del Lago. The June one is a bit more promising since it shows him going to Utica, but the last residence is wrong again. I'm not sure how likely it is...
by apersico
18 Jul 2021, 21:04

Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini

Hello, I'm trying to find a ship manifest for my great grandfather's brother, Giuseppe Bini. My great grandfather was Cosmo Bini, who immigrated to the US in 1906 from Alberobello. I found 2 ship manifests for Cosmo, one in 1905, where his name is crossed out, and another in 1906. Both records say t...
by apersico
17 Jul 2021, 21:18
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Is DNA Testing Very Popular in Italy?
Replies: 9
Views: 8700

Re: Is DNA Testing Very Popular in Italy?

I've done my DNA with Ancestry and 23 and me and uploaded to Family Tree DNA and My Heritage. My Heritage is the only one I've noticed that has DNA matches from Europe. I'm fairly certain Ancestry is not available in Italy. Not sure about 23 and me. I only have a few matches from Italy and they are ...
by apersico
08 May 2016, 21:33
Topic: Caramanico Civil Vital Records
Replies: 6
Views: 3122

Re: Caramanico Civil Vital Records

Thank you. Yes, the WWI and ship manifest records are of my great-grandfather. Unfortunately, the birth record is not him, as he was born in 1882. My concern is whether or not birth records exist for Caramanico in 1882, as Family Search does not have them on microfilm. If these records do not exist,...
by apersico
08 May 2016, 15:31
Topic: Caramanico Civil Vital Records
Replies: 6
Views: 3122

Caramanico Civil Vital Records

Hello! I'm hoping someone here will be familiar with the civil records of Caramanico, Pescara. My great grandfather Pasquale Persico was born there in 1882. Based on his ship manifest, his father's name was Antonio. He also had a sister Anna Giuseppa who was born around 1876. I've checked FamilySear...
by apersico
21 Sep 2015, 14:52
Topic: Pasquale Persico in Caramanico
Replies: 1
Views: 960

Pasquale Persico in Caramanico

My great grandfather Pasquale Persico was born in Caramanico in 1882. I checked Family Search and there are no birth records between 1866-1883. Does anyone know why this is? More importantly, how would I go about finding a record of his birth - the church? It seems that there are 2 churches: Church ...
by apersico
08 Apr 2013, 03:41
Topic: Maria Bini and Antonio Palmisano (again)
Replies: 0
Views: 939

Maria Bini and Antonio Palmisano (again)

Hi all! I posted this in my old thread (http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic25636.html?hilit=antonio%20palmisano) but haven't received a response yet, so just in case, I'm posting again in a new thread. It's been several months and I've made very little progress on locating information on Mar...