Topic: Received my letter...
Replies: 3
Views: 1317

Re: Received my letter...

How long from appointment to letter ? Which consulate ? Thanks
by Mike Mo
08 Jan 2012, 16:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Which Italian Embasessies / Consulates print passports ?
Replies: 0
Views: 747

Which Italian Embasessies / Consulates print passports ?

I have a question I'm sure someone might know. Does every Italian Embassy in the world (outside the usa) print passports? Does every Italian Consulate in the USA print passports? I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is no. I know NYC / Miami / San Fran / Houston / DC does however I don't know...
by Mike Mo
05 Jan 2012, 22:04
Topic: GOT MY LETTER!!!!
Replies: 26
Views: 16611

Re: GOT MY LETTER!!!!

Okay so if you travel everywhere but Italy you won't ever have to renew the stamp every year.

I think that's also correct.
by Mike Mo
05 Jan 2012, 18:26

Right! So this wiki is correct then: Italian passports are issued to Italian citizens to travel outside of Italy. For travelling within the European Union, Italian citizens can use their ID card. Biometric passports have been available since October 26, 2006. They are valid for a period of 10 years ...
by Mike Mo
05 Jan 2012, 17:13

Thanks rjnigro Here is the passport: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NTvw38F3W7Y/Ts5lrmLbZZI/AAAAAAAAAqA/U6ZBuSDsLcI/s1600/Passaporto+copy+2.jpg On another note: Do you know about the 42 EuroDollar stamp ? I don't read Italian :( From what I understand you only need to renew the passport stamp every year ...
by Mike Mo
05 Jan 2012, 05:25

That's crazy. It has your Residence and Height and Eye color ? That's like a license, and I've never seen that before on any passport. VERY NEW. I also wonder why they have 3 places to put your residency ? I guess you can have 3 residencies ? ------------------------- On another subject I found this...
by Mike Mo
05 Jan 2012, 03:45

Does the Passport state where the passport was issued ? New York Consulate? Or just your residency as the New York Consulate ? From what you describe it must be a new format of Italian passport . Is it the same format as in these passports below because these passports do not have "place of res...
by Mike Mo
11 Oct 2011, 18:04
Topic: Need Exemplification Letter Fast. NYC Appointment Next Week
Replies: 3
Views: 1520

Need Exemplification Letter Fast. NYC Appointment Next Week

I have an appointment with the NYC Consulate next week and I got all my documents apostilled and ready. The only document I don't have apostilled is my Grandmothers Death certificate from 2009 because Vital Records forgot to send me a letter of exemplification . I know there is a fast solution howev...
by Mike Mo
30 Sep 2011, 19:43
Topic: Got USCIS Response. How do I write letter to USCIS? Thanks
Replies: 2
Views: 2894

Got USCIS Response. How do I write letter to USCIS? Thanks

I just got this letter from USCIS. How do I request the certificate ? Does anyone have a sample request letter ? I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for answering what could be a very common sense answer.
by Mike Mo
30 Sep 2011, 01:00
Topic: Court Letters of No Naturalization NYC and PA
Replies: 1
Views: 684

Court Letters of No Naturalization NYC and PA

My GGF lived in Manhattan NYC and in Fayette County PA and I need to get a letter from the local and/or state courts that he didn't naturalize. Does anyone know how to do this ? He lived in NYC and PA before 1907 and I already have a letter from USCIS that he didn't naturalize after 1907. I don't kn...
by Mike Mo
13 Aug 2011, 16:37
Topic: 35 page Scholarly Report on Italian by decent Citizenship
Replies: 10
Views: 2515

35 page Scholarly Report on Italian by decent Citizenship

See the link below to a 35 page Scholarly Report on Italian by decent Citizenship. Very high quality report. I'm new to this board so if it was already posted let me know. This is an excellent report about the history and the future of Italian citizen by decent. According to the article it looks lik...
by Mike Mo
13 Aug 2011, 00:48
Topic: Italian Birth Certificate looks like toilet paper with print
Replies: 11
Views: 5891

Re: Italian Birth Certificate looks like toilet paper with p

Thanks Carmine,

Would you know where there is a list of "Certified Translators". Or do you have someone good ? I need to do this too.
by Mike Mo
13 Aug 2011, 00:41
Topic: Order Census from Nara or direct from Census ? See Pic
Replies: 2
Views: 873

Order Census from Nara or direct from Census ? See Pic

I ordered a census report for my ancestor who lived in NY and PA using Nara. It was so fast and easy. But now I see I can order direct from the Census. What is the difference? Here is a picture of the application direct from the Census ? Is direct from the Census better than Nara ? This Census appli...
by Mike Mo
13 Aug 2011, 00:11
Topic: I got this USCIS letter but poor instructions ? See Pic
Replies: 4
Views: 2625

I got this USCIS letter but poor instructions ? See Pic

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a question: I submitted a request to USCIS to see if they have my ancestors naturalization record and they sent me back the attached letter. So now I need a "certification of non-existance of a naturalized record" and all they say is to include the a...