Search found 45 matches

by maria280
29 Apr 2013, 14:20
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Benaci - what it the correct name?
Replies: 17
Views: 11038

Re: Benaci - what it the correct name?

Wow!! - a lot of great information. Thanks so much. I will look all of this over.

The first trace I have of Domenico Piraino is in 1914 - when he marries Guiseppina Andreoni in Camden NJ. As you saw we located his WW1 draft reg. (1918) in Camden under the name "Piran". And I have a pretty good ...
by maria280
28 Apr 2013, 18:06
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Benaci - what it the correct name?
Replies: 17
Views: 11038

Re: Benaci - what it the correct name?

Thanks Erudita and Suanj,

Its encouraging to hear that you just have to keep looking, rather than think the simple answer is in the document.

Suanj - this relative had blue eyes and blond hair and we were told that he came from Northern Italy. Would you put any weight on his eyes and hair making ...
by maria280
27 Apr 2013, 23:35
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Benaci - what it the correct name?
Replies: 17
Views: 11038

Re: Benaci - what it the correct name?

Thanks for your input T. and Erduita,

Here is a link to the actual document.
http://s6.postimg.org/d2lclb53x/DPiraine_Naturalization.jpg

Benaci is listed twice.
Thanks for looking at it.

T has helped me with this Piraine/Piraino search before - trying to locate this manifest - and I am still ...
by maria280
27 Apr 2013, 19:40
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Benaci - what it the correct name?
Replies: 17
Views: 11038

Benaci - what it the correct name?

I have just located a relative's U.S. Naturalization record from 1919.
The "last foreign residence" and town of birth are listed as Benaci, Italy.
When I google Benaci - the closest name seems to be Torri del Benaco, Italy.
Does that sound like a reasonable match?
Or would you suggest a better one ...
by maria280
19 May 2012, 15:36
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need Help with Handwriting on 1875 Atto di matrimonio
Replies: 2
Views: 1126

Need Help with Handwriting on 1875 Atto di matrimonio

Hi,
I need some help reading the handwriting at the end of an 1875 Atto Di Matrimonio.

http://s6.postimage.org/s85w0trx9/Atto_Di_Matrimonio_Di_Benedetto.jpg

Here is my weak attempt:

i el certificato
delle efequete pubblicazioni viluciate da questa officio dal
qual consta elle la prima ...
by maria280
13 May 2012, 22:36
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need Help with Handwriting on 1880 Marriage Record
Replies: 2
Views: 1250

Need Help with Handwriting on 1880 Marriage Record

I need some help trying to read the handwriting at the end of this 1880 ATTO DI MATRIMONIO.

http://s6.postimage.org/squusgpzx/1880_Marriage_Record.jpg

Here is my weak interpretation of the italian:
----------------------
Il certificate delle pubblicazioni la une coegirita asis girani
diciotto e ...
by maria280
25 Mar 2012, 19:56
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage Record - Translation and Handwriting Help Needed
Replies: 5
Views: 2214

Re: Marriage Record - Translation and Handwriting Help Neede

Thanks so much Livio! Very good family information for me in your translation and handwriting analysis.

I am now posting the top of the record and asking for some help with the handwriting and translation for that section. Now that I know the groom's parents are dead, that must be why the spaces ...
by maria280
25 Mar 2012, 05:21
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage Record - Translation and Handwriting Help Needed
Replies: 5
Views: 2214

Marriage Record - Translation and Handwriting Help Needed

On a 1875 Atto Di Matrimonio for Salvatore DiBenedetto and Filippa Palazzolo there is a handwritten paragraph at the end that seems to be noting a death in the family.
http://s6.postimage.org/59umtvyjh/marriage_Handwritten.jpg
I would like to know what this paragraph says and I am having a ...
by maria280
25 Mar 2012, 05:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Italian letter writing website
Replies: 3
Views: 1890

Re: Italian letter writing website

Hi Mary Lou,
Marty's letter is so helpful.
And here are two sites that have letters and a letter generator - maybe this is what you remembered seeing...
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
maria
by maria280
09 Mar 2012, 21:31
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: How to find resident records for Rome 1920
Replies: 16
Views: 7400

Re: How to find resident records for Rome 1920

Livio,
Can you tell me why they need a copy of my passport page with name and photo?
thanks.
by maria280
01 Mar 2012, 21:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Advice on Request for Records - Supino (FR)
Replies: 4
Views: 1884

Re: Advice on Request for Records - Supino (FR)

Hi,
Just letting you know that I got a very prompt reply from Supino, after only about 2 weeks.
I followed your advice and asked for one relative search. I forgot to include a SASE!
I sent the letter via airmail and they sent me a reply via email.
Thanks again.
maria
by maria280
01 Mar 2012, 21:44
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: How to find resident records for Rome 1920
Replies: 16
Views: 7400

Re: How to find resident records for Rome 1920

Thanks Livio!
By "document ID" do you mean a copy of my passport? or some other ID?
maria