Search found 55 matches

by nicolefazio
08 May 2013, 06:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: I have Images of records from Grumo Appula
Replies: 24
Views: 12371

Re: I have Images of records from Grumo Appula

@Jeeplinda I have good news. I have Francesco and Angela's marriage certificate. I will post the picture and I will also translate it for you. Date: December 23, 1888 Groom: Francesco Cavalluzzi of Grumo Appula His fathers name: Vito Cavaluzzi ( Deceased) His mothers name: Rosa Errico Brides: Angela...
by nicolefazio
23 Oct 2012, 23:00

I do not have a Giuseppe Paladino born in Motta Santa Lucia. Good luck with your search.
by nicolefazio
03 Oct 2012, 23:03
Topic: Digitalized Civil Records for Province of Bari, Italy
Replies: 9
Views: 4787

Re: Digitalized Civil Records for Province of Bari, Italy

rp76226 wrote:Glad for you. My towns of Altamura and Grumo Appula are not among them.
How do you know? Did you go to a family history center and find out?
by nicolefazio
30 Sep 2012, 08:24
Topic: Digitalized Civil Records for Province of Bari, Italy
Replies: 9
Views: 4787

Re: Digitalized Civil Records for Province of Bari, Italy

Has anyone tried going to a family history center to see if these records are available. I am going on Tuesday and If I have luck I will let everyone know. I am very happy they put Bari records online... I have gone through many microfilms and this seems much easier.
by nicolefazio
22 Aug 2012, 12:23
Topic: Wondering ....
Replies: 3
Views: 1169

Re: Wondering ....

Italy does not have a census. They have other record such as marriage , birth , and death. Some of those can be found on ancestry.com , not all comunes are availible. If what you re looking for is not on there you can get microfilms to view at a local Family history center. Heres the website for tha...
by nicolefazio
22 Aug 2012, 11:47
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Buccheri, Sicily
Replies: 10
Views: 4968

Re: Buccheri, Sicily

I found this travel record for Salvatore, he must have been going back to Italy to visit. Name: Salvatore Buscemi Arrival Date: 12 May 1926 Birth Year: abt 1873 Birth Location: Italy Birth Location Other: buccheri Age: 53 Gender: Male Ethnicity/RaceĀ­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian) Port of De...
by nicolefazio
22 Aug 2012, 11:03
Topic: Amalfi Coast Tourism
Replies: 5
Views: 2952

Re: Amalfi Coast Tourism

We just got back from our vacation and we stayed in Amalfi we stayed at http://www.hotelexcelsioramalfi.com it had an amazing view, it was up higher on a hill and they have a shuttle bus that runs all day and until midnight ... its about a 5minute shuttle ride to the center of the town, they also ha...
by nicolefazio
19 Aug 2012, 02:47
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Citizenship by Marriage 1915
Replies: 19
Views: 6668

Re: Citizenship by Marriage 1915

I would say she is a US citizen. Acoording to the US law she wouldnt be stateless because she automatically aquires citizenship through her naturalized parents. Italian law does not grant you citizenship because you are born there, it matters what the citizenship of the parents are and because it wa...
by nicolefazio
18 Aug 2012, 12:10
Topic: Source for detailed maps of Italy?
Replies: 3
Views: 2062

Re: Source for detailed maps of Italy?

not sure if something like this is what your looking for. The description is ... 1:25,000. Edizioni Multigraphic. This series covers the coastal mountains and coastline area of San Remo - Cuneo - Savona - Sestri. The maps are 1:25,000 topographic maps from IGM with information added such as hiking t...
by nicolefazio
18 Aug 2012, 11:19

I am working on adding them to google Docs... here is a link. Some of the files in the viewer , the colors look inverted.. if you download the file , it should make it normal. Let me know if you have any fun discoveries :)

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B79ie ... FRVkU/edit
by nicolefazio
15 Aug 2012, 01:55

I have Images of records from Grumo Appula

I have some records from microfilms for Grumo Appula, Bari, Italy. I have images from records (Birth and Marriage) for these surnames-I roughly read the surnames as best I can. Antonelli Argentine Argentieri Bartini Caputo Campanelli Cavalluzzi * Cea Capsaro Colasuanno D'amato * D'erasmo * D'amico D...
by nicolefazio
13 Aug 2012, 01:21
Topic: help with family,please
Replies: 27
Views: 24113

Re: help with family,please

I have an image for a marriage record from Italy for, not sure if this is any one that fit into your puzzle. let me know and I can email you the photo. Teresa Savino Born abt:1867 Parents: Vito Domenico Savino and Chiara Proscia She is Marrying Guiseppe Fariello Parents: Domenico Fariello and Eugeni...
by nicolefazio
25 Jul 2012, 02:39
Topic: Help with Great Grandmother Anna Proscia
Replies: 2
Views: 1428

Help with Great Grandmother Anna Proscia

Okay so I after a ton of searching for her last name, and finally tracking it down , I am looking for information on my Great Grandmother , anything really... Anna Proscia (born about 1875.. a very rough estimate) she was either from Bitetto or Grumo Appula she married Leonardo Fazio ( born 1867) an...