by catshouse2
18 Dec 2013, 20:12
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion
Replies: 19
Views: 11346

Re: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion

Mia,
I know how discouraged you are. Are you willing to share your attorney's contact info- if you are happy with him/her?
Lisa
by catshouse2
18 Dec 2013, 18:57
Topic: NYC Attroney Referral
Replies: 0
Views: 1059

NYC Attroney Referral

Need a NYC attorney to file for a Declaratory Judgement and One & the Same. Any feedback from someone that has already used one?
Thanks,
Lisa
by catshouse2
18 Aug 2012, 15:35
Topic: Finally Found GGF!
Replies: 2
Views: 1797

Finally Found GGF!

I finally found (who I believe to be) my GGF in the 1940 census-there are 2 bits of info I need now and have exhausted my research skills. The census states he was naturalized in 1905 and he was 70 in 1940 in NY, but can find no record of death. I have spent hours searching ancestry, familysearch, f...
by catshouse2
11 Aug 2012, 13:30
Topic: NYC Attorney Referral
Views: 856

NYC Attorney Referral

I guess I need an attorney referral, the attorney I have been working with now says she does not feel this is something she is able to handle or be successful at and does not want to take my $$ unless she is confidant she can be successful for me. Believe I will need a Declaratory Judgement because ...
by catshouse2
07 Aug 2012, 13:13
Topic: Need Help Finding Passenger Lists, Please!
Replies: 10
Views: 4774

Re: Need Help Finding Passenger Lists, Please!

The little research I did yesterday showed conflicting information to the 1890 arrival date. The 1930 census showed immigration date of 1897 and both 1920 census and 1925 NYS census reflected 1889 as immigration date. Perhaps this is why you're having such a hard time locating manifest? I also searc...
by catshouse2
05 Aug 2012, 14:25
Topic: Where oh Where is the USICS?
Views: 896

Where oh Where is the USICS?

I was not aware of applying for the NARA documents first and I have requested my USCIS search in Feb. 2012- still do not have a response. The website has had the following disclaimer since April; Index Search (G-1041) Requests are now being worked as received. Replies are generally mailed within 3 t...
by catshouse2
24 Jul 2012, 17:40
Topic: looking for a marriage certificate!! help, please!!
Replies: 1
Views: 1156

Re: looking for a marriage certificate!! help, please!!

Kate,
Please provide some specifics about the people involved so someone can consider doing some research.
Lisa
by catshouse2
17 Jul 2012, 03:24
Topic: Great Grandfather's Death
Views: 1443

Re: Great Grandfather's Death

And we comefull circle, I don't know his comune. Oh, well maybe I'll get something from his military records this week, the request went to Palermo a month ago. Wish me luck!
by catshouse2
16 Jul 2012, 18:52
Topic: Great Grandfather's Death
Views: 1443

Great Grandfather's Death

If my GGF died on a ship or back in Italy how would I find that? Would the death be recorded in ancestry.com if it happened on a ship? Even if he was traveling back to Italy?
by catshouse2
14 Jul 2012, 12:53
Topic: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion
Replies: 19
Views: 11346

Re: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion

I am also in this same position, having spent 8 months searching in vain for some sort of birth record. I have been lead to believe by posters on many forums that my only next option is a Declatory judgement. There are steps, templates and personal accounts posted. If your research finds otherwise p...
by catshouse2
11 Jul 2012, 20:25
Topic: Looking for someone to locate records for me
Replies: 1
Views: 1978

Re: Looking for someone to locate records for me

Raphel, I was referred to the following gentleman by Traci on this forum. He responded to me quickly and his prices are reasonable. I have not used him yet as I do not know my comunes but emailing him and inquiring costs zip! giovannimontanti@gmail.com Please let him know that Lisa, aka catshouse2 r...
by catshouse2
11 Jul 2012, 20:20
Topic: Queens Cemetery Run
Views: 868

Queens Cemetery Run

Anyone willing to make a cemetery run for me? Take some photos, ask a few questions- earn a few bucks for a afternoon's work? :D
by catshouse2
06 Jul 2012, 13:38
Topic: Instructions for Court Order
Replies: 9
Views: 3489

Instructions for Court Order

Can anyone point out the links to the steps for drafting the paperwork for a court order? What I was able to find in the index and in responses were broken links.

Any direction would be appreciated- I would like to read up on the process.
Thanks!
by catshouse2
06 Jul 2012, 12:59
Topic: One and the Same
Replies: 7
Views: 3158

One and the Same

Does anyone know if in a "One and the Same" court proceeding, the judge can declare a finding of a birth date and parentage based on the documentation presented to him? And if this type of proof of birth would be acceptable for my GF at the Philly consulate?

Thanks!
by catshouse2
22 Jun 2012, 04:08
Topic: Trying to Reach Members- PM not working
Views: 1495

Re: Trying to Reach Members- PM not working

mler wrote:Lisa, the PMs will stay in your outbox until they are picked up by the recipient. It's possible they haven't noticed the mail. I haven't seen Carmine here for a while.
Well, thanks for letting me know that. Do you know if Carmine posts anywhere else?