Mia,
I know how discouraged you are. Are you willing to share your attorney's contact info- if you are happy with him/her?
Lisa
Search found 34 matches
- 18 Dec 2013, 20:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion
- Replies: 19
- Views: 16305
- 18 Dec 2013, 18:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: NYC Attroney Referral
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1247
NYC Attroney Referral
Need a NYC attorney to file for a Declaratory Judgement and One & the Same. Any feedback from someone that has already used one?
Thanks,
Lisa
Thanks,
Lisa
- 18 Aug 2012, 15:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finally Found GGF!
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2238
Finally Found GGF!
I finally found (who I believe to be) my GGF in the 1940 census-there are 2 bits of info I need now and have exhausted my research skills. The census states he was naturalized in 1905 and he was 70 in 1940 in NY, but can find no record of death. I have spent hours searching ancestry, familysearch ...
- 11 Aug 2012, 13:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: NYC Attorney Referral
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1062
NYC Attorney Referral
I guess I need an attorney referral, the attorney I have been working with now says she does not feel this is something she is able to handle or be successful at and does not want to take my $$ unless she is confidant she can be successful for me.
Believe I will need a Declaratory Judgement ...
Believe I will need a Declaratory Judgement ...
- 07 Aug 2012, 13:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Help Finding Passenger Lists, Please!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6569
Re: Need Help Finding Passenger Lists, Please!
The little research I did yesterday showed conflicting information to the 1890 arrival date. The 1930 census showed immigration date of 1897 and both 1920 census and 1925 NYS census reflected 1889 as immigration date. Perhaps this is why you're having such a hard time locating manifest? I also ...
- 05 Aug 2012, 14:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Where oh Where is the USICS?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1098
Where oh Where is the USICS?
I was not aware of applying for the NARA documents first and I have requested my USCIS search in Feb. 2012- still do not have a response. The website has had the following disclaimer since April;
Index Search (G-1041) Requests are now being worked as received. Replies are generally mailed within ...
Index Search (G-1041) Requests are now being worked as received. Replies are generally mailed within ...
- 24 Jul 2012, 17:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: looking for a marriage certificate!! help, please!!
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1470
Re: looking for a marriage certificate!! help, please!!
Kate,
Please provide some specifics about the people involved so someone can consider doing some research.
Lisa
Please provide some specifics about the people involved so someone can consider doing some research.
Lisa
- 17 Jul 2012, 03:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Great Grandfather's Death
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1786
Re: Great Grandfather's Death
And we comefull circle, I don't know his comune. Oh, well maybe I'll get something from his military records this week, the request went to Palermo a month ago. Wish me luck!
- 16 Jul 2012, 18:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Great Grandfather's Death
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1786
Great Grandfather's Death
If my GGF died on a ship or back in Italy how would I find that? Would the death be recorded in ancestry.com if it happened on a ship? Even if he was traveling back to Italy?
- 14 Jul 2012, 12:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion
- Replies: 19
- Views: 16305
Re: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion
I am also in this same position, having spent 8 months searching in vain for some sort of birth record. I have been lead to believe by posters on many forums that my only next option is a Declatory judgement. There are steps, templates and personal accounts posted. If your research finds otherwise ...
- 11 Jul 2012, 20:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for someone to locate records for me
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2339
Re: Looking for someone to locate records for me
Raphel,
I was referred to the following gentleman by Traci on this forum.
He responded to me quickly and his prices are reasonable. I have not used him yet as I do not know my comunes but emailing him and inquiring costs zip!
giovannimontanti@gmail.com
Please let him know that Lisa, aka ...
I was referred to the following gentleman by Traci on this forum.
He responded to me quickly and his prices are reasonable. I have not used him yet as I do not know my comunes but emailing him and inquiring costs zip!
giovannimontanti@gmail.com
Please let him know that Lisa, aka ...
- 11 Jul 2012, 20:20
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Queens Cemetery Run
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1054
Queens Cemetery Run
Anyone willing to make a cemetery run for me? Take some photos, ask a few questions- earn a few bucks for a afternoon's work? 
- 06 Jul 2012, 13:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Instructions for Court Order
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4834
Instructions for Court Order
Can anyone point out the links to the steps for drafting the paperwork for a court order? What I was able to find in the index and in responses were broken links.
Any direction would be appreciated- I would like to read up on the process.
Thanks!
Any direction would be appreciated- I would like to read up on the process.
Thanks!
- 06 Jul 2012, 12:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: One and the Same
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4225
One and the Same
Does anyone know if in a "One and the Same" court proceeding, the judge can declare a finding of a birth date and parentage based on the documentation presented to him? And if this type of proof of birth would be acceptable for my GF at the Philly consulate?
Thanks!
Thanks!
- 22 Jun 2012, 04:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Trying to Reach Members- PM not working
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1888
Re: Trying to Reach Members- PM not working
Well, thanks for letting me know that. Do you know if Carmine posts anywhere else?mler wrote:Lisa, the PMs will stay in your outbox until they are picked up by the recipient. It's possible they haven't noticed the mail. I haven't seen Carmine here for a while.