Search found 4 matches

by cyntbia
18 Feb 2004, 23:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Researching the surnames Vitacco and Tito
Replies: 7
Views: 8604

One of my husband's uncles thought the surname was Zito/a, but the other knew it was Tito (this was confirmed on the birth certificate of the grandmother where it said the mother's maiden name was Anna Mary Tito, also one remaining sister of the grandmother says it was Tito). Anna Mary Tito said she...
by cyntbia
18 Feb 2004, 17:53

Thank you for replying. Rocco immigrated to the United States on 5/25/1891. His ship, the Massila, left from Naples, Italy with a stop in Marsailles, France also. I've seen the microfilm of the ship's manifest. Also on the manifest is a Pietro, who we think is his older brother (the only remaining d...
by cyntbia
18 Feb 2004, 15:11

Researching the surnames Vitacco and Tito

I am researching the surnames Vitacco and Tito. These are the surnames of my husband's great-grandparents. I would like some guidance on where to research these names. I've found some information on the correct Rocco Vitacco in available census records; I managed to find him on a ship's registry (bu...
by cyntbia
12 Mar 2003, 15:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passengers Arriving from Italy to the Port of New York befor
Replies: 8
Views: 8427

Passengers Arriving from Italy to the Port of New York befor

Your local library might have microfilms of passenger lists. You need to know the approximate date (month and year). I\'ve found no website with passenger lists before 1892. Some very kind person I met on the web had an Italians to America CD and found my husband\'s great grandfather\'s name. That g...