Search found 8 matches

by kw1046a
03 Aug 2014, 03:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: surname: Marando origin: Ferruzzano, RC
Replies: 7
Views: 3541

Re: surname: Marando origin: Ferruzzano, RC

Hello I searched on "Ferruzzano" to discover that you, too, are researching the families of that Comune. My family lines are Commisso and Macri, Giurlio, Sgro' and Scida. I ordered the LDS microfilm covering the Ferruzzano births from 1809-1865 and was able to take my tree back a little fu...
by kw1046a
02 Aug 2014, 23:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Please explain what is happening in nati
Replies: 10
Views: 1865

Please explain what is happening in nati

Hello I'm getting better at reading the nati, but this one has me stumped. Elisabetta Martelli is reporting Maria di Marti as the mother, but where is the father? The child has the mother's last name, which I would assume is her maiden. The father is 'l'incerto'? Is this child is out of wedlock? Doe...
by kw1046a
10 Jun 2014, 20:52
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please help with birth record
Views: 1041

Re: Please help with birth record

I would have to order that microfilm. I have the films for Casignana 1809-1865 and Ferruzzano 1809-1865 and the film for Ferruzzano 1874. I will put in an order for the Ferruzzano 1897 microfilm. Erudita, thank you!
by kw1046a
10 Jun 2014, 16:21

I have uploaded the same record in 3 different lights to include one in the negative. If this doesn't work please let me know. I plan to return to the library tomorrow to look at more records from Casignana and Ferruzzano and will try to get a clearer copy of this notation for Giuseppe Commisso. Tha...
by kw1046a
10 Jun 2014, 04:04

Tessa Thank you very much! I have uploaded another copy of the same file, different light that would perhaps be a little clearer if you would have the time to take a peek. You have given me more information than I had before I got this record today. It means a lot that you helped someone you didn't ...
by kw1046a
09 Jun 2014, 22:04

Please help with birth record

This is a nati for Guiseppe Commisso, born 1874. I cannot read the writing. I would be extremely grateful if someone would please translate the record for me. I have attached three documents - the birth record was on two pages and I did a close up of the writing under the record number/Guiseppe's na...
by kw1046a
29 Mar 2014, 20:16
Topic: Rocco Martelli - Casignana, Reggio di Calabria
Replies: 3
Views: 555

Re: Rocco Martelli - Casignana, Reggio di Calabria

Thank you very much for translating the birth record!!!
by kw1046a
27 Mar 2014, 22:04
Topic: Rocco Martelli - Casignana, Reggio di Calabria
Replies: 3
Views: 555

Rocco Martelli - Casignana, Reggio di Calabria

Hello I have been able to get a few words translated, but overall have not been too successful in translating the birth record for Rocco Martelli. If someone would have the time to translate I would be extremely grateful. I uploaded the same record twice, having manipulated it to try and get the wri...