Search found 46 matches

by dbc2014
25 Nov 2023, 23:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aitelli Birth Record
Replies: 6
Views: 1496

Re: Aitelli Birth Record

In my books on both civil birth and church baptism records, there was no one by this name (or a similar name) born in Rocca Canavese in 1881.
by dbc2014
03 Oct 2022, 14:47
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help please with interpretation of 1831 Corio baptism record
Replies: 2
Views: 709

Re: Help please with interpretation of 1831 Corio baptism record

Thank you very much. That is also what I thought, but I wanted a second opinion. I appreciate your taking the time to read my question and respond. Thank you again.
by dbc2014
03 Oct 2022, 00:41
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help please with interpretation of 1831 Corio baptism record
Replies: 2
Views: 709

Help please with interpretation of 1831 Corio baptism record

Ciao. I am trying to interpret the 1831 baptism record from Corio for Domenica Frand-Pol. I can translate most of it, but what I would like to know is if the reference to "Torino's Ecclesia St. Francisci de Paula Baptista et ab Hospitio Charitatis Educatre" means that Domenica Frand-Pol was born ...
by dbc2014
18 Mar 2021, 01:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Bettas-Valet
Replies: 4
Views: 3801

Re: Bettas-Valet

If you are still searching for Teresa Nicola, please let me know. My family includes Bettas Valet and Molinar from Rocca Canavese.
by dbc2014
18 Mar 2021, 00:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Obtaining Italian Records
Replies: 8
Views: 5238

Re: Obtaining Italian Records

The Davito Gara's are distant cousins (my grandparents were born in Rocca and I have done a lot of genealogy research on the families). I did find that Martino Davito Gara (born 1886) lived in Pennsylvania and died in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1958.
by dbc2014
20 Nov 2020, 00:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info
Replies: 39
Views: 9910

Re: Need help - Looking for Marietta-Vietti Family Info

I believe this Jean Marietta is one of the Giovanni Marietta-Aleina's you've been researching. (I found this record while searching geneanet.org.) This Giovanni died in Beaurieres, Drome, Rhone-Alpes, France on Sept. 27, 1887. Wife Domenica Vietti. Son of Stefano (Etienne) Marietta-Aleina. Perhaps ...
by dbc2014
19 Nov 2020, 17:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating comments on Ospizio di Maternita (Torino) entry
Replies: 4
Views: 1247

Translating comments on Ospizio di Maternita (Torino) entry

I was wondering if someone could help me translate the comments at the bottom right on this entry for my foundling ancestor. It appears to say: "prego lor signori diritore di tenere a ??? questa mia fillia e questa ??? che ??? che presto". There is one word that is blurred, and I am hoping someone ...
by dbc2014
21 Jul 2020, 16:57
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: searching for ancestor's birth town
Replies: 11
Views: 3388

Re: searching for ancestor's birth town

Thanks for your note. My family (Pagliero, Bettas Valet, and Nepote Brandolin) all come from Rocca Canavese. All of Agostina's siblings were born in Rocca and her parents were born there too. There is no birth record of her in Rocca (I've written several books indexing the Rocca birth/marriage/death ...
by dbc2014
21 Jul 2020, 00:01
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: searching for ancestor's birth town
Replies: 11
Views: 3388

Re: searching for ancestor's birth town

Thanks for the links. I too was looking for 1851 records but I couldn't find church records either. Nonetheless, I'm just happy to figure out where she was born. Thanks for your help!
by dbc2014
20 Jul 2020, 22:40
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: searching for ancestor's birth town
Replies: 11
Views: 3388

Re: searching for ancestor's birth town

Fantastic! I would not have made that connection. I will check into it. Thank you!
by dbc2014
20 Jul 2020, 21:30
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: searching for ancestor's birth town
Replies: 11
Views: 3388

searching for ancestor's birth town

I am trying to pinpoint the birth town of my ancestor, Agostina Bettas Valet, born circa 1851. A marriage publication (from Corio, 1875) has it as Mignanzo or Mignango. The marriage act (from Rocca Canavese, 1875) as it as Mignango. But her death record (from Torino, 1929) has her birth town ...
by dbc2014
22 May 2020, 02:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Charlie Chiado
Replies: 4
Views: 2777

Re: Charlie Chiado

I looked in the familysearch.org online Corio records. Record #183 is for a Pietro Chiado-Cutin, born Oct 8 1871. Father Domenico, age 43 (son of deceased Giovanni). Mother Anna Bajma Pecit, age 37 (daughter of Giuseppe).

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSDM-574Z-1?i=2272&cat=970473
by dbc2014
05 Jan 2020, 21:29
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Latin death records from Corio
Replies: 3
Views: 1401

Help with Latin death records from Corio

I am translating church death records from 1823 in Corio (Torino/Piemonte). I am attaching two records with similar phrases: uxor dum viverent, and conjur? dum viverent. I believe they are describing the spouse or widow/er, but am not sure which phrase is for a living spouse and which phrase is for ...