Search found 48 matches

by DanceDiva234
29 May 2020, 02:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pasquale Angelicola (not from Connecticut)
Replies: 7
Views: 712

Re: Pasquale Angelicola (not from Connecticut)

Thank you guys so much! my grandmother was excited to hear who her grandfather and grandmother were.
by DanceDiva234
27 May 2020, 10:10
Topic: Pasquale Angelicola (not from Connecticut)
Views: 712

Pasquale Angelicola (not from Connecticut)

Hi everyone! I have hit a wall. My great grandfather was Pasquale (Patsy) Angelicola, born in Celenza Valfortore in 1891. He married Caterina D'Attellis in 1912 and lived most of his life in New York. He is not the same Pasquale Angelicola who was from Connecticut, but that Pasquale has the same nam...
by DanceDiva234
31 Mar 2018, 23:12
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Italian Red-Heads
Replies: 8
Views: 15689

Re: Italian Red-Heads

I remember doing research on this way back. Italy has been conquered and settled time and time again. The Normans, who are well known for their red hair, settled in many areas of Italy we would never think of. My family still shows their red hair to this day. :lol:
by DanceDiva234
21 May 2017, 06:11
Topic: Maria (Silla) Angelini
Replies: 9
Views: 2332

Re: Maria (Silla) Angelini

Yes, many girls were given two names, the first of which was Maria in honor of the Blessed Virgin; and they would be known by their second given name, in this case Celia. I believe that the "Silla" on the birth act for Ferdinando was a misspelling by a clerk writing a phonetic spelling of...
by DanceDiva234
20 May 2017, 21:43

This is the main record I found of her name being Maria Silla Angelina (Angelini). It's the birth certificate of Ferdinando. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:27Y6-G23?from=lynx1&treeref=LT3G-FGN Shortly after, she regularly goes by Celia instead of Maria in all of the US census records. I...
by DanceDiva234
20 May 2017, 11:53

Just some information about Craco, Basilicata, if you are interested... http://thecracosociety.org/index.htm Here is a possible arrival in 1906 for Pasquale Spera. He is age 24, single, going to Corona, Queens (to a cousin) He lists his last place of residence as Ferrandina, Potenza. https://www.an...
by DanceDiva234
19 May 2017, 03:23

Name: Francesco Angelini SSN: Gender: Male Race: White Birth Date: 27 Sep 1882 Birth Place: Notaresco (Teramo) Father: Bernardo Angelini Mother: Carmela Paradiso Type of Claim: Original SSN. Notes: 11 May 1983: Name listed as FRANCESCO ANGELINI Marty Grazie Adelfio! There of relation and possibly b...
by DanceDiva234
19 May 2017, 02:50

Maria (Silla) Angelini

Hi everybody! I always seem to have the most obscure ancestors who enjoyed changing their names, and in true Italian character never cared for laws regarding their legal name. :? So basically I am looking for a birth certificate or something to prove the existence of Maria Silla Angelini born 1883, ...
by DanceDiva234
22 Nov 2015, 03:34
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?
Replies: 76
Views: 64448

Re: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?

Mainly Italian but I do have French with some German and Blackfoot Indian, but nothing significant culture wise. My father is half Italian and my mother is full Italian so any other culture is drained out. ;)
by DanceDiva234
22 Aug 2015, 20:59
Topic: Antonina Calasebetta- Real Last name or Region of Sicily?
Views: 2834

Re: Antonina Calasebetta- Real Last name or Region of Sicily?

Thank you so much Tessa!! :) And yes, Antonino Messineo is Maria's husband.
by DanceDiva234
22 Aug 2015, 01:22
Topic: Antonina Calasebetta- Real Last name or Region of Sicily?
Views: 2834

Antonina Calasebetta- Real Last name or Region of Sicily?

I am researching my maternal grandfather side at the moment. My person of interest is Maria LaMonica who came form Sicily. He spouse is Antonio (Antonino) Messineo and they got married Aug 6, 1921 in Manhattan. Story goes Maria was sent away to America from Sicily to marry Antonio who had made a lif...
by DanceDiva234
25 Jul 2015, 03:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian citizenship from unwed mother?
Replies: 6
Views: 4182

Re: Italian citizenship from unwed mother?

It would transmit to her children as far as I know, but it would not go onto her boyfriend. I would still make sure by emailing your nearest Consol.
by DanceDiva234
16 Jul 2015, 06:50
Topic: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?
Views: 2571

Re: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?

I found Joseph's death record: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVRN-M7BF (Giovanni) John Gagliano WWII Draft: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V1KM-9PM It could be that is all the children Maria had. It wasn't odd for multiple children to die young. Of course though, you would probabl...
by DanceDiva234
16 Jul 2015, 06:19
Topic: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?
Views: 2571

Re: How can you tell the difference between people with the same name and when they came over?

You can usually distinct a person based on whether their spouse and sibling were with them at their specific destination or date. Another easy answer is the date of when an event happened. If your ancestor immigrated when he 20 in 1900 then his birth certificate will be from around 1880. Dates are n...
by DanceDiva234
15 Jul 2015, 04:58
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Surname Meanings- What do your Surnames Mean?
Replies: 3
Views: 14125

Re: Surname Meanings- What do your Surnames Mean?

ROTFL! Who knows, your ancestors may personality really gave you meaning to their names. I need to check out that website. Your surnames are really interesting and I've never heard of them.

Thank you Tessa for the links!