Search found 9 matches

by campcantreg
30 Jun 2018, 19:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: FHL Online Acess To Town Records
Replies: 4
Views: 1598

FHL Online Acess To Town Records

Does anyone know if the FHL has taken away access to the town (commune/frazione) to search birth, death and marriage records for towns in Catanzaro Province of Calabria? I had access up to about two days ago, but I can not look at towns records. If they are still available, can someone send me the l...
by campcantreg
24 Feb 2017, 20:19
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Biological father & DNA
Replies: 2
Views: 4713

Re: Biological father & DNA

Magsworld, you have been very helpful! We will be hopeful that we will get closer matches in the future as more people take the test. We did not know about Gedmatch.com nor Family tree. DNA. The presumed biological father is my husband’s baptismal Godfather. He never knew they were related. His Godp...
by campcantreg
19 Feb 2017, 21:29
Topic: Biological father & DNA
Views: 4713

Biological father & DNA

My husband took the Ancestry.com DNA test to determine his biological father. So far closest matches are to 4th cousins with family tree surnames and locations that connect to his baptismal Godfather- close to 60 years ago. His presumed biological father now long deceased. No other known living fami...
by campcantreg
06 Oct 2015, 22:49
Topic: Italian Immigrants and Baptisms in America
Views: 1696

Italian Immigrants and Baptisms in America

Italian immigrants in New York City- We are hoping to know about Baptisms and the Italian immigrants in NYC. After a child was born, how long after did the baby get baptized? If we have searched /contacted all the local parishes where the child was born with no results or baptismal records found, do...
by campcantreg
05 Apr 2015, 16:25
Topic: FATHER AND DNA TEST
Replies: 9
Views: 27187

Re: FATHER AND DNA TEST

We appreciate the response. Seems with genealogy research, we must be open minded. Sometimes what we always believed or accepted, proves otherwise when it comes to family research. Now, by all indication, we must rethink that probably his biological father was not the person he was led to believe al...
by campcantreg
04 Apr 2015, 18:27
Topic: FATHER AND DNA TEST
Replies: 9
Views: 27187

FATHER AND DNA TEST

My husband never knew his father. His mother became a widow when he was a toddler. When he was 9 years old, she remarried and had more children from her second marriage. My husband’s father’s family was from Teggiano-Salerno. He never knew any family or relatives from his father’s side. His mother w...
by campcantreg
20 Mar 2015, 11:54
Topic: Grave location
Replies: 3
Views: 1440

Re: Grave location

Good news! Grave found! The evening before last we searched for the funeral home listed on the death certificate. They are now non-existant. Yesterday after spending close to 40 minutes on the phone with the cemetery, the manager called us back late afternoon to inform of grave location. Seems when ...
by campcantreg
19 Mar 2015, 00:14
Topic: Grave location
Replies: 3
Views: 1440

Grave location

We received a certified copy of my grandmother's death certificate from the Massachusetts Registry of Vital Statistics/Records. It showed the cemetery where she is buried. She died in the mid 1950s. When we called the cemetery for her grave location, clerk could not locate anyone buried there with o...