Search found 56 matches

by ms_mary58
08 Mar 2019, 21:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Petilia Policastro Civil Records - Trocino and Catanzaro
Replies: 2
Views: 1286

Petilia Policastro Civil Records - Trocino and Catanzaro

I am seeking information on where to find civil records from Petilia Policastro. Specifically, I am looking for information on Salvatore Catanzaro DOB 1 Mar 1890 and Vittoria Trocino, DOB 31 Mar 1892. They married in Petilia Policastro prior to coming to NY. They also had a daughter, Isabella, who w...
by ms_mary58
30 Jul 2018, 17:33
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Considering submitting DNA
Replies: 9
Views: 6804

Re: Considering submitting DNA

Additionally, with ancestry.com, you also have the option of pulling you DNA sample from the site once you view your results. Submitting my DNA has brought me in touch with several family members that I had lost touch with, and also brough a couple of surprise cousins that were adoptees looking for ...
by ms_mary58
27 Jun 2017, 23:46
Topic: LDS discontinuing microfilm rentals
Replies: 18
Views: 7934

Re: LDS discontinuing microfilm rentals

I was at my local FHC today, and the director came in and made that announcement, then emailed the info to several local professional genealogists. Then the phone begun to ring with irate people. I would image that they are getting many calls in Salt Lake City as well.
by ms_mary58
22 Jun 2017, 17:29
Topic: Help reading document
Views: 3159

Re: Help reading document

Thank you. I hadn't even considered that name. I am going to look for her death certificate next time I go to my Family History Center. Hopefully that will be a definitive document.

Mary
by ms_mary58
21 Jun 2017, 00:53

I have located a couple of more documents with her name on it. On the index, it is for the parents of Stanislao Palmieri. I believe it says Bartolomeo and possibly Maria Caterina Ricciata or Ricciati. I am also attaching the back of the birth record for Stanislao with her name listed and also I beli...
by ms_mary58
03 Jun 2017, 21:07

I do have them, Angela. I will post when I locate them.

Thanks again!

Mary
by ms_mary58
02 Jun 2017, 15:21

Thank you Angela and Ann. I have not found the marriage record yet, but I have found the birth records of several of their children, and this is the most legible.

I will keep looking. Thanks again.
by ms_mary58
02 Jun 2017, 04:22

Help reading document

Can anyone assist me in deciphering the mother's surname in this document? First name is Caterina, and I believe it may start with an R.

:D
Thanks.
Mary
by ms_mary58
29 Jan 2017, 09:24
Topic: Help reading a notation
Replies: 3
Views: 1431

Re: Help reading a notation

Once again, Marty, thank you so much. I very much appreciate the assistance.

Mary
by ms_mary58
29 Jan 2017, 00:21
Topic: Help reading a notation
Replies: 3
Views: 1431

Help reading a notation

Could someone please assist with reading the notation on the birth record of Nicola Ernesto Vespa? I believe it says in part that his parents were indentified in 1903 as Domenico Antonio Cornelio and Maria Crocifissa Bucci. Is there anything more than that in the notation? Thank you so much. http://...
by ms_mary58
05 Jan 2017, 23:43
Topic: Requesting additional records
Replies: 2
Views: 1308

Re: Requesting additional records

Depending on the town, you could also request the stato di famiglia from the commune.
by ms_mary58
22 Dec 2016, 00:02
Topic: Happy Holidays
Replies: 13
Views: 4612

Re: Happy Holidays

Happy holidays to you as well! I cannot say enough about how helpful you and the others have been to me. Best wishes for a prosperous new year!
by ms_mary58
02 Dec 2016, 01:08
Topic: Ancestry v. Other Genealogy sites
Replies: 10
Views: 4520

Re: Ancestry v. Other Genealogy sites

I use MyHeritage. I have found ancestors of my family within member trees created by site members located in Italy.
Thanks! I will check it out.
by ms_mary58
30 Nov 2016, 14:19
Topic: Ancestry v. Other Genealogy sites
Replies: 10
Views: 4520

Ancestry v. Other Genealogy sites

First, I want to say that the members of this group have been extremely helpful to me in tracing my family history. Many key questions were answered by people who donate their time to this cause, and I for one am extremely thankful. Currently, I have a World Explorer membership with Ancestry, and I ...