Search found 19 matches

by jbattagliasmith
10 Apr 2016, 04:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help reading ship manifest
Replies: 7
Views: 1210

Re: Help reading ship manifest

I don't see one either. Maybe they renamed a road or eliminated one due to construction of some sort. Maybe I can contact someone in the town hall. If I email the image, it may mean something to someone there.
Again I appreciate your help.
by jbattagliasmith
10 Apr 2016, 03:56

had found that too. I assumed it wasn't him, but maybe he had returned to Sicily between 1900 and 1903 and was going to head back. Seems close together back then. Like I said I didn't run across any other Pasquale Battaglia's and I have searched through a good chunk of the records from Tusa on the A...
by jbattagliasmith
10 Apr 2016, 03:19

So that line is a number maybe 53 and a street! Thank you. It is funny when you can't read something and then someone tells you what it is - it is as if it is so clear suddenly! Thank you!
by jbattagliasmith
09 Apr 2016, 23:47

Help reading ship manifest

I had heard my great grandfather, Pasquale Battaglia, had come to the states from Sicily at some point, but returned. I am not sure if he came for work or had planned to stay. One relative believes he had come over before 1894 (when he married and had a son). This record is from 1900. My great grand...
by jbattagliasmith
09 Apr 2016, 16:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Castel Di Tusa
Replies: 12
Views: 2648

Re: Castel Di Tusa

Thank you very much!
by jbattagliasmith
09 Apr 2016, 13:03
Topic: Help reading names in Birth Record
Replies: 4
Views: 999

Re: Help reading names in Birth Record

Thank you, I had another list from a book but it is not this comprehensive.
by jbattagliasmith
08 Apr 2016, 19:29

Re: Help reading names in Birth Record

Is Eufrasina a typical italian name? I hadn't seen it before.
by jbattagliasmith
08 Apr 2016, 14:44

Help reading names in Birth Record

I am searching the records for my grandmother Anna DiMaggio in Tusa, so I am tagging/saving any DiMaggio record to my pc in case they prove useful in the future. The link below I believe is for the birth of son of Antonino DiMaggio on 10 Apr 1861. (I think I got that right.) I cannot decifer the mot...
by jbattagliasmith
07 Apr 2016, 04:32

How do I write to ask for the records? Do you have a link to a good "tutorial" or previous post on how to request documents?
by jbattagliasmith
07 Apr 2016, 00:51

How would one find those allegati?
by jbattagliasmith
06 Apr 2016, 16:58

I have Domenico's Birth record he was born 20 May 1826 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Messina/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Tusa/Nati/1826/1530/005053760_02425.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0 and his marriage record 21 Feb 1862 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali....
by jbattagliasmith
06 Apr 2016, 03:36

I had information on my great grandparents that my sister was given when she visited Tusa. I have used this to find many records in the "Antenati" archives online. I have been rather successful and lucky to get back to my three and four times great grandparents on my maternal great grandfa...
by jbattagliasmith
06 Apr 2016, 00:52

Castel Di Tusa

My family is from Tusa, Sicily. I was speaking with a cousin of mine who immigrated in the 40's and she said she is from Castel Di Tusa, which is a community close to Tusa. When looking in the Antenati archives, I only see Tusa. Does anyone know, are the Castel Di Tusa records included with the Tusa...