Search found 29 matches

by trecaromia
03 May 2019, 19:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Torrice, Lazio, Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 1123

Torrice, Lazio, Italy

I am helping a friend who is searching this area of Italy for the DePersis family. We are trying to determine if they have Jewish heritage. Is there a HLA tissue typing study for the population of this area pertaining to blood anemia issues. Grazie.u
by trecaromia
03 May 2019, 19:19
Topic: Tina Maldacea Spanish Quarters in Naples, Italy
Views: 1068

Tina Maldacea Spanish Quarters in Naples, Italy

Hello,
I am trying to help a friend who is trying to find this person’s husband’s name. They lived in that neighborhood in 1943. Any suggestions on how we may accomplish this task?
by trecaromia
08 Jun 2018, 20:15
Topic: Military records for Sicily
Replies: 1
Views: 946

Military records for Sicily

Where might I find military records for men who served in the military for Sicily?
by trecaromia
08 Jun 2018, 20:11
Topic: Salto, Torino, Piedmont, Italy
Views: 1287

Salto, Torino, Piedmont, Italy

I am trying to find info for our cousins whose maternal Nonna hails from the Salto area of Torino. Her father is Nicomede BALERIA b. 1848. Any help is appreciated.
by trecaromia
31 Mar 2018, 17:40
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Torino, Piedmont, Italy + Baleria famiglia
Views: 1093

Torino, Piedmont, Italy + Baleria famiglia

I am searching BALERIA surname beginning with Nicomede Baleria 1848 + ????? Children Giovanni, Maria Theresa (Teresa), Lidia. It is purported Maria Theresa was born in France. Any tips or hints on searching records in France is most welcome.
by trecaromia
26 Mar 2018, 18:51
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italians born in France. 1886 era
Replies: 3
Views: 1944

Italians born in France. 1886 era

I am trying to find a birth record for Maria Teresa/Theresa BALERIA her family is from the area of Salto, Torino, Piedmont, Italy, however she told members of the family she was born in France. How do I find her birth Record?
Grazie.
by trecaromia
26 Mar 2018, 18:42
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Military records pre 1906 for Sicilians
Views: 1869

Military records pre 1906 for Sicilians

I am trying to find if Baldassare Licari served in the Italian military prior to his immigration to American. Where do I began searching for records. Grazie.
by trecaromia
28 Jan 2017, 01:45
Topic: Vitiello in Algeria/Tunisia
Replies: 18
Views: 5274

Re: Vitiello in Algeria/Tunisia

If you know the town or comune the family lived in in Sicily you will be able to find the birth record there for the child born in Tunisia. You would be looking in records for 1873. If they were citizens from Sicily and living and working in Tunisia a copy of the birth is sent back to Sicily. With t...
by trecaromia
28 Jan 2017, 00:56
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: FamilyHistory.Org records
Views: 3606

FamilyHistory.Org records

There is a free site call FamilyHistory.org by the Mormon Church. You are able to access records in Italy and Sicily from their site. On their front page where you do search there is a global map. If you click on Italy it will bring up a menu and you scroll until you find Italy. Once you click on it...
by trecaromia
28 Jan 2017, 00:48
Topic: Catalfio Family Name
Views: 1018

Re: Catalfio Family Name

UPDATE: Angela Catalfio was born abt 1670 not 1690. Her son was Antonio Licari h/o Francesca Finetta was b. 1696 and married 1717 in the SS Maria Santissima del Rosario of Montelepre, Palermo, Sicily. Her other children were Nimpha/Ninfa and Caterina LICARI.
by trecaromia
28 Jan 2017, 00:41
Topic: Meaning of "Gio: Batta"?
Replies: 5
Views: 4072

Re: Meaning of "Gio: Batta"?

I believe the meaning is Giovanni=John and Battista=Baptist for John the Baptist.
by trecaromia
19 Jan 2017, 18:14
Topic: Catalfio Family Name
Views: 1018

Catalfio Family Name

I am searching for Angela Catalfio parents names: Plus any siblings she may have had. She was born in or around Palermo, Sicily in the 1690.She married Antonio or Antonino Licari abt. 1717 in Montelepre/Monreale, Sicily
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. trecaromia.
by trecaromia
08 Jan 2017, 21:38
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: re:dna test results
Replies: 19
Views: 30385

Re: re:dna test results

I have researched Monreale, Montelepre, San Giuseppe Iato, San Cipirello, Bagheria records and I have only seen 2 or 3 at the most listing "ignoti genitori" The records are excellent to research. I n the statement "genealogy" and "dna" are not the same. True. But it is ...
by trecaromia
08 Jan 2017, 20:59
Topic: Help w/ a marriage record in New York
Replies: 14
Views: 3791

Re: Help w/ a marriage record in New York

Tessa78:
I can not thank you enough for this information. Your are truly a Genealogy Angel. One of their descendants is
in stage 1V of liver cancer and she will be extremely happy with this information on her bio father and nonno/nonna. Long story, but again mille grazie. trecaromia.