Search found 133 matches

by Rossonero3
26 Sep 2020, 13:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Alternate Surname Same Person
Replies: 10
Views: 182

Re: Alternate Surname Same Person

Another idea. You could ask the baptism certificate from the parish to see if there is the surname that you think correct (Mangano). In this case showing this certificate to the comune should help to confirm the error. For this purpose I think should be enough a certificate or photocopy of the regi...
by Rossonero3
26 Sep 2020, 12:59

cedrone wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 10:56 To Rossonero:
Yes, when asking the comune for the certificate for the citizenship, there should be asked to verify such difference in the surname, and if they agree it was an error, they will explain this in the certificate and put also the correct surname.
Grande! grazie
by Rossonero3
26 Sep 2020, 03:05

Thank you for the record images. Here is a birth act for a child born to this couple in 1881, also named Francesca Pino. More than likely she died, and the child born in 1885 was given the name. In the record Antonio Pino makes the presentation and declaration of the birth, and it states that the c...
by Rossonero3
26 Sep 2020, 02:05

If you are sure that the father is the same, there should be an error of the official, the mother's surname should be Mangano or Settineri. It's 'di Paolo', not Paola and it is not a surname, it means 'daughter of Paolo' (Mangano or Settineri) and it was indicated probably because there was another...
by Rossonero3
25 Sep 2020, 23:18

Tessa78 wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 20:25 Can you post the image of the birth acts you referenced?

T.
Births of Francesca Pino and sister Flavia attached.
Pino_Flavia birth 1883 copy.jpg
Pino_Francesca birth 1885 copy.jpg
by Rossonero3
25 Sep 2020, 20:10

Alternate Surname Same Person

In doing research for someone I came across an interesting discrepancy. On a birth record, the mother is listed as “Maria Settineri di Paola”. On the birth record for a sibling of the same parents, the mother is listed as “Maria Mangano di Paola”. This mother emigrated to the USA and went by a maide...
by Rossonero3
17 Aug 2020, 23:18
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian Citizenship - curious
Replies: 7
Views: 231

Re: Italian Citizenship - curious

Thank you Rossonero3, I only have my mothers lineage to Italy, nothing I know of through my fathers side. Have not found anything yet to suggest my great grandfather had taken on British Citizenship and no mention of it when I had contacted the town I thought he was from to check if they had any re...
by Rossonero3
17 Aug 2020, 22:30

Thank you Rossonero3, I only have my mothers lineage to Italy, nothing I know of through my fathers side. Have not found anything yet to suggest my great grandfather had taken on British Citizenship and no mention of it when I had contacted the town I thought he was from to check if they had any re...
by Rossonero3
17 Aug 2020, 17:37
Topic: JS Children of Non Married Parents
Replies: 4
Views: 136

Re: JS Children of Non Married Parents

Much easier if it is the mother who possesses the JS tie since there is no doubt of her parental relationship to the child. If it were the father who possessed citizenship, a written affirmation of paternity is required. And, no, the parents do not have to be married to transmit citizenship. Thank ...
by Rossonero3
17 Aug 2020, 15:24
Topic: JS Children of Non Married Parents
Replies: 4
Views: 136

JS Children of Non Married Parents

Question...are there any complications for minors who's parents are not married (boyfriend / girlfriend) and the mother qualifies JS via her Italian lineage? I'm not referring to Divorce, rather never married.
by Rossonero3
17 Aug 2020, 15:11

Yes, this is a classic example of a 1948 case. You just need to prove your GGF never naturalized or if he did, when it might have been. In the U.S. we get letters from the Immigration service stating 'non existence'. The only other thing is whether you have another italian line that would qualify yo...
by Rossonero3
31 Jul 2020, 15:33
Topic: Chldren of Naturalized Citizens
Replies: 12
Views: 729

Re: Chldren of Naturalized Citizens

I was talking about US citizenship for an a child whose parent became a naturalized US citizen after the child was born in Italy but before the child immigrated to the US. In that case, the child would have become a US citizen when he arrived in the US if he were a minor at that time. this is what'...
by Rossonero3
31 Jul 2020, 15:31

darkerhorse wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 14:48 I was talking about US citizenship for an a child whose parent became a naturalized US citizen after the child was born in Italy but before the child immigrated to the US.
Ok right, this is what i am talking about also.
by Rossonero3
30 Jul 2020, 13:26

Sorry...meaning that once the child’s father naturalized, there was no longer a path to Italian citizenship for his child and future generations.
by Rossonero3
30 Jul 2020, 00:41

Are you referring to children that were born in Italy and emigrated to the US? I have a friend with the same situation, his father was a child when he came here. His GF naturalized not long after, so the line is cut off?