Search found 28 matches

by dannyjosa
19 May 2021, 17:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Vatican research helper?
Replies: 2
Views: 3388

Re: Vatican research helper?

For future people, Upwork.com had a fantastic array of freelancer Legal assistants in Rome. Some of whom have now helped me. Ciao!
by dannyjosa
05 May 2021, 13:59
Topic: Draft dodging ancestor?
Replies: 4
Views: 3180

Re: Draft dodging ancestor?

My ancestor was classified as a draft dodger in 1872, he was a missionary abroad and didn't naturalise before 1916
by dannyjosa
02 May 2021, 12:47

Re: Draft dodging ancestor?

Thanks! Hopefully no problem! He was a Vatican family and served as a protestant missionary, which has partly encouraged the Vatican to refuse to give me his baptism record..Ill keep researching.Thanks
by dannyjosa
26 Apr 2021, 18:21
Topic: Vatican research helper?
Views: 3388

Vatican research helper?

The Consulate will only process my application if the Vatican release my ancerstor's baptism record, he was baptised in St. Peter's Basilica. They have told me that they have this record but also said they refuse to release it. They refused because : 1.they think it has no civil value so they don't ...
by dannyjosa
26 Apr 2021, 18:14

Draft dodging ancestor?

Hello I was advised b the Consulate that they need to check the law to see if I am eligible for citizenship because my qualifying link with Italy was a draft-dodger! His military record says "dichiarato renitente"... Has anyone ever experienced this, what is the likelihood of failing to ge...
by dannyjosa
23 Apr 2021, 02:09
Topic: Rejected in London...strange reason! Xenophobic bureaucrat?
Replies: 15
Views: 3580

Re: Rejected in London...strange reason! Xenophobic bureaucrat?

I attended today, met the same person as last time, but this time all processed smoothly!! No idea why last time I received such a strange intepretation but anyway. I suggest people never give up if faced with these issues.
by dannyjosa
21 Jan 2021, 00:53
Topic: any tips for finding documents in Rome archives, can you refer a researcher?
Replies: 0
Views: 271

any tips for finding documents in Rome archives, can you refer a researcher?

Hello, I need to collect a document from Rome. It is complex. None of the major Rome registers seem to have kept birth certificates when my GGF was born in 1854. He was baptised in St. Peter's, Vatican (they have a record), and the Rome military tried to conscript him (they have a record). Presumabl...
by dannyjosa
21 Jan 2021, 00:49
Topic: Any loophole for the 1912 rule?
Views: 791

Re: Any loophole for the 1912 rule?

During my fiasco in December, the bureaucrat invented a new law on the day, and said 'kids born to Italians outside Italy before 1912 cannot be Italian, even if there parent never naturalised abroad'. You can read about it here: https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/emigration/49786?p=310045#p31004...
by dannyjosa
18 Dec 2020, 17:52

I have lodged a complaint, but it seems like they neither wish to acknowledge it nor take any steps to solve the problem. Just asking me to rebook through their impossible system...potentially setting me back 12+months.. Sadly, a lawyer tells me that I cannot go through the courts if I am eligible t...
by dannyjosa
18 Dec 2020, 14:09

Yes exactly. I suspect the bureaucrat was just a strange person. A lawyer has told me that I cannot go through the courts as this bureaucrat refused to give me any evidence of rejection. So I need to find a way to get rejected, I guess it was a clever bureaucrat doing her best to prevent another cit...
by dannyjosa
18 Dec 2020, 00:44

Thanks very much! My ancestor moved from Italy to "abroad" (Guyana) and then to Britain. I made it very clear to the officer that I had evidence that he never was naturalised in Guyana (I have an apostilled document to confirm it), and also made it clear that the ancestor naturalised in Br...
by dannyjosa
17 Dec 2020, 17:15

Rejected in London...strange reason! Xenophobic bureaucrat?

:shock: Hello, I was in the London Consul today and was turned away. They refused to take my documents for this reason: 'Children born to Italians before 1912 cannot pass on Italian citizenship, even when their parent never naturalised abroad. *So, I have evidence that my ancestor didn't naturalise ...
by dannyjosa
08 Dec 2020, 02:05
Topic: no birth certificate, alternatives? only scans of archive documents are available.
Replies: 6
Views: 870

Re: no birth certificate, alternatives? only scans of archive documents are available.

Thanks! He married in British Guiana so no luck there. The fax from the Vatican says ‘we have his records but don’t wish to share with you because they are in bad condition and..moreover your ancestor “abandoned the Catholic religion “! I have asked again but no luck yet. Do you think the Consul wou...