@erudita74 and @mmogno
Thank you so so much!!
I was hoping for some more specific details in the declaration, that's why I was so set on understanding the text.
But this is perfect, and thanks again for all the explanation.
Thanks again!
Search found 9 matches
- 02 Feb 2025, 00:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with italian handwriting
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1537
- 01 Feb 2025, 04:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Military Record-Handwriting difficult to decipher
- Replies: 5
- Views: 751
Re: Military Record-Handwriting difficult to decipher
Hi,
I was waiting to see if someone would answer my request and I felt sorry your post was the only one on the page without any answer, so I decided to give it a try.
Here's my best. I hope there aren't too many mistakes. I'm still missing a couple of words and names of places.
Maybe now that most ...
I was waiting to see if someone would answer my request and I felt sorry your post was the only one on the page without any answer, so I decided to give it a try.
Here's my best. I hope there aren't too many mistakes. I'm still missing a couple of words and names of places.
Maybe now that most ...
- 01 Feb 2025, 02:35
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with italian handwriting
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1537
Re: Help with italian handwriting
Hi mmogno,
Thank you so much!
I was hoping to understand the actual text. (At least the 7-line handwritten paragraph at the end).
Sadly, all I can read is "... oggi sopradetto giorno alle ore dieci? .. sopradetta... " 🤣😢
Can you actually read what it says there?
Do you know how it was decided ...
Thank you so much!
I was hoping to understand the actual text. (At least the 7-line handwritten paragraph at the end).
Sadly, all I can read is "... oggi sopradetto giorno alle ore dieci? .. sopradetta... " 🤣😢
Can you actually read what it says there?
Do you know how it was decided ...
- 01 Feb 2025, 00:16
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with italian handwriting
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1537
Help with italian handwriting
Hello,
Could someone please help reading the declaration made on the right hand page?
I'm attaching the image but contrast and brightness can be adjusted on this link:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 65/5gWNb25
Thanks in advance!
Could someone please help reading the declaration made on the right hand page?
I'm attaching the image but contrast and brightness can be adjusted on this link:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 65/5gWNb25
Thanks in advance!
- 16 May 2024, 16:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with italian handwriting
- Replies: 1
- Views: 354
Re: Help with italian handwriting
Labe gentilizia!!
Nothing like patience and a dictionary.
Nothing like patience and a dictionary.
- 16 May 2024, 14:49
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with italian handwriting
- Replies: 1
- Views: 354
Help with italian handwriting
Hi,
I get the purpose of this letter but I can't decipher the two words following "esente da difetti fisici e da ??"
Can anyone understand what it says?
Il sottoscritto medico chirurgo residente a
Cavaglià dichiara e certifica che Giono
Vittorio Camillo di Guglielmo e fu Scale-
rone Caterina, d ...
I get the purpose of this letter but I can't decipher the two words following "esente da difetti fisici e da ??"
Can anyone understand what it says?
Il sottoscritto medico chirurgo residente a
Cavaglià dichiara e certifica che Giono
Vittorio Camillo di Guglielmo e fu Scale-
rone Caterina, d ...
- 05 Apr 2023, 01:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with baptism record (in latin)
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1000
Re: Help with baptism record (in latin)
Thank you! I'll see if I can find some additional record to confirm this. There's already plenty of information here. Such a fruitful record, I find! 
- 04 Apr 2023, 18:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with baptism record (in latin)
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1000
Re: Help with baptism record (in latin)
Dear Pippo, Thank you SO SO much.
Aside from the parts I couldn't read, I didn't take into account grammar and cases, I just tried to transcribe what I saw.
My latin teacher would not be proud of me. I never gave him reason to, anyway... :(
Should I interpret then that Domenica Vescovo was ...
Aside from the parts I couldn't read, I didn't take into account grammar and cases, I just tried to transcribe what I saw.
My latin teacher would not be proud of me. I never gave him reason to, anyway... :(
Should I interpret then that Domenica Vescovo was ...
- 29 Mar 2023, 09:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with baptism record (in latin)
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1000
Help with baptism record (in latin)
Hello,
I would really appreciate help with this baptism record (#3, top of right page)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS8K-N77N-D
Since I'm hoping to learn, I would appreciate if someone could correct/complete my transcription as well as translation/info extraction.
1823
3 ...
I would really appreciate help with this baptism record (#3, top of right page)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS8K-N77N-D
Since I'm hoping to learn, I would appreciate if someone could correct/complete my transcription as well as translation/info extraction.
1823
3 ...