Search found 37 matches

by dlc519
10 Oct 2016, 21:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Elusive Ship/Naturalization Information
Replies: 1
Views: 1333

Elusive Ship/Naturalization Information

My Great Grandfather, Luigi Criscillo, came to the US through New York in 1890. He's from Pietradefusi. His Father was Nicolo Criscillo, his Mother Concetta Petrillo. He was born May 27, 1863. I have his Italian birth record. I have not been able to find him on a ship manifest, or any naturalization...
by dlc519
07 Mar 2012, 19:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Issues finding city Great Grandfather is from...
Replies: 7
Views: 1540

Re: Issues finding city Great Grandfather is from...

I do have some family information that he had a brother who lived in Philadelphia. I have no idea what his first name is however. When I search, I find a Joseph Criscillo in Philadelphia. Is that a possible lead?
by dlc519
07 Mar 2012, 17:33

From family history, they used to tease Nick because the spelling of his last name changed. They would call him "Criscillo" in a taunting way at school, etc. I've also seen several documents with Criscillo early on such as Luigi's Marriage Record, his children's Baptismal records, etc.
by dlc519
06 Mar 2012, 18:57

Thanks, Tessa.

I do have a copy. That's where his parents names came from :) I just wish it had a city of birth on it :)
by dlc519
06 Mar 2012, 18:02

Issues finding city Great Grandfather is from...

I posted here a couple of years ago (time files) Unfortunately, I'm no closer to finding my family's city of origin. I'm hoping you can give me some ideas. My Great Grandfather was Luigi Criscillo. I know from living family members that we are from Caserta, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean t...
by dlc519
28 Sep 2010, 18:10
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of correspondence
Replies: 3
Views: 2157

Translation of correspondence

I wrote to a few people with my last name, Criscillo, in the Caserta/Naples area on Facebook today. I got a response from Sabrina, but I can get the translation to English totally correct. Can you help? Ciao Denise mio padre è nativo della provincia di Caserta,sua sorella si chiama Nicolina Criscil...
by dlc519
27 Sep 2010, 18:55
Topic: Great Grandfather's Birth Town/Caserta Province
Replies: 11
Views: 4784

Re: Great Grandfather's Birth Town/Caserta Province

I took 4 years of Spanish in school, and I'm a little familar with the language. I do have a Facebook account. I could give it a try. My Great Grandmother's family is from Saviano. I'm going to have to write for her birth record though as microfilm isn't that recent. She has 5 siblings with various ...
by dlc519
27 Sep 2010, 17:42

One family with the last name Criscillo lives in Santa Maria a Vico today. I've looked at microfilm for that town as well with no luck
by dlc519
27 Sep 2010, 17:41

So, at this point how do I find my Great Grandfather's Birth town? Two of his Grandchildren (in their 70s and 80s) have both said the family is from Caserta. I've pulled microfilm from 1850 to 1870 in both Caserta and Caserta Vecchia with no luck. I cannot seem to locate his manifest (1890) or his n...
by dlc519
27 Sep 2010, 16:30

I spent a lot of time looking at microfilm from 1870 only to find out I had the wrong birth year when I saw the gravestone at the cemetary. It was so frustrating when I found out it was 1863... :)
by dlc519
27 Sep 2010, 16:10

Great Grandfather's Birth Town/Caserta Province

My Great Grandfather's is Luigi Criscillo (Criscella today). I have his marriage record to my Great Grandmother, Fortunata Barretta, in Manhattan in 1899. I have the 1910, 1920 and 1930 US Census record for the family who moved to Pittsburgh in 1902 or 1903. I have been unable to find his ship manif...
by dlc519
30 Aug 2010, 22:24
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Carving on Great Great Grandparents Gravestone
Replies: 2
Views: 3606

Carving on Great Great Grandparents Gravestone

I am hoping you can help. I went to see my Great Great Grandparents gravestone over the weekend, and found an interesting carving. The headstone is the uppermost stone. The lower stone has the families last name, Barretta. There is a middle stone between these two that says J Genitori P.P. I saw gen...
by dlc519
30 Aug 2010, 21:20
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Additional Carving on Great Great Grandparents Headstone
Replies: 0
Views: 1688

Additional Carving on Great Great Grandparents Headstone

I am hoping you can help. I went to see my Great Great Grandparents gravestone over the weekend, and found an interesting carving. The headstone is the uppermost stone. The lower stone has the families last name, Barretta. There is a middle stone between these two that says J Genitori P.P. I saw gen...