Search found 30 matches

by reboot365
01 Dec 2011, 17:40
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Middle Names
Replies: 3
Views: 1424

Re: Middle Names

Sorry to bump this, but as I need to contact NYS soon, I'd really love to get someone's view before I send them anything.

Basically, should I add the middle name to all of my GGF's documents because it's on his Italian BC, or not because it's not in his Italian MC and US Naturalization Certificate?
by reboot365
28 Nov 2011, 13:14
Topic: Can my uncle and cousin use my documents?
Replies: 5
Views: 2314

Re: Can my uncle and cousin use my documents?

I could be completely wrong here, but I was under the impression that if one person in the family was approved in one consulate, other family members could use that case number, and just provide the documents specific to them. So, like if your uncle went first in his consulate, you could submit your...
by reboot365
28 Nov 2011, 00:40
Topic: Middle Names
Views: 1424

Middle Names

I'm applying through the NYC consulate (yay me), so I've got a question about how strict things are on middle names. I'm in the process of trying to get a number of names corrected (huge errors everywhere). But what I'm not sure is how strict it is when it comes to middle names. My GGF, under his na...
by reboot365
01 Nov 2011, 04:25
Topic: Wrong Gender
Views: 818

Re: Wrong Gender

My GM doesn't remember making the change - we're guessing it was so she could get married since it is dated a few months before her wedding. My dad called up NYS and got a bit more info. The correction was made in the town she was born in. I'm not sure how this works, but the correction only exists ...
by reboot365
31 Oct 2011, 20:26
Topic: Wrong Gender
Views: 818

Wrong Gender

When going through the whole paperwork process, I expected some surprises, but not this one... My grandmother's original birth certificate listed her as a male (obviously a typo - she has a very unique name which probably caused the mistake). When she got married, she had this corrected to female. W...
by reboot365
17 Oct 2011, 23:34
Topic: Naturalization Birth Date Issue
Replies: 1
Views: 566

Naturalization Birth Date Issue

I have the original Certificate of Naturalization for my GGF (actually listed as Certificate of Citizenship). According to his Italian BC, his birth date is April 9th, 1886. The Certificate of Naturalization lists his correct age at the time of the naturalization. However, it does not list his exact...
by reboot365
24 Sep 2011, 14:25
Topic: USCIS Certificate of Naturalization
Views: 924

Re: USCIS Certificate of Naturalization

Thanks for the response. Yes, sorry about my wording, but I do have the original certificate, so I should be fine. My concern was that it seems to be impossible to get a certified copy of the certificate of naturalization from the USCIS. I was curious as to what people do in that situation. I'm appl...
by reboot365
23 Sep 2011, 00:32
Topic: USCIS Certificate of Naturalization
Views: 924

USCIS Certificate of Naturalization

I have the original copy of my GGF's naturalization certificate, which I think is sufficient for the NY Consulate. However, just to be over prepared, I want to get certified copies of the Certificate of Naturalization and the Petition of Naturalization. I went to the NE National Archives today, and ...
by reboot365
20 Sep 2011, 03:28
Topic: Georgia 1919 Issue
Replies: 4
Views: 1268

Re: Georgia 1919 Issue

Hi Russo,

It's possible, but most likely not. His family was based in NY, but would work in the South during the winters. They were Presbyterian, and there is a church in St. Marys, GA where he is born. I plan on contacting them if I run into dead ends.
by reboot365
20 Sep 2011, 01:38
Topic: Georgia 1919 Issue
Views: 1268

Georgia 1919 Issue

In the process of my research, I found out that my grandfather was born in Georgia. The problem is, he was born in 1912 (and has since passed away), and GA didn't keep birth records until 1919. Some counties kept records earlier than that, but it's inconsistent. I am reaching out to the county that ...
by reboot365
31 Aug 2011, 18:06
Topic: Certificate of Citizenship vs. Naturalization
Views: 710

Certificate of Citizenship vs. Naturalization

I have the original copy of my GGF's Certificate of Citizenship. He was born in Italy, moved to the US in the 1910s, and received this document in 1930. I had assumed that this certificate was just another name for the Certificate of Naturalization, but now that I've done more research, I am becomin...
by reboot365
29 Aug 2011, 17:02
Topic: Moving During Application Process
Views: 438

Moving During Application Process

As I am starting to go through the whole application process, I have a question about jurisdictions and moving. My appointment is in June 2012 in NYC. However, there is a possibility through work that I will be put on a short term assignment (one year) in Europe (not Italy, and will be done as an Am...
by reboot365
29 Aug 2011, 17:02
Topic: Moving During Application Process
Replies: 0
Views: 369

Moving During Application Process

As I am starting to go through the whole application process, I have a question about jurisdictions and moving. My appointment is in June 2012 in NYC. However, there is a possibility through work that I will be put on a short term assignment (one year) in Europe (not Italy, and will be done as an Am...
by reboot365
25 Aug 2011, 16:14
Topic: Dual Citizenship - Lots of Questions
Views: 1304

Re: Dual Citizenship - Lots of Questions

Thanks for the responses, they are both really helpful. Italia1963: Thanks for the link. And yes, it is for June 2012. I was informed that it was the first available appointment, so I would book it now. johnny: I will take you up on your offer on how to get records from the comune. I found their web...
by reboot365
23 Aug 2011, 17:12
Topic: Dual Citizenship - Lots of Questions
Views: 1304

Dual Citizenship - Lots of Questions

So, I found out this week that I might be eligible for dual citizenship through jure sanguinis. This has led to a lot of questions, so I was wondering if anyone could answer / comment on these. 1. Am I eligible? From what I can tell, I am, but here is my situation as I know it so far. GGF born in It...