Search found 91 matches

by Primo Mattino
25 Jan 2024, 15:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Adopted grandmother, surname Febbraio
Replies: 16
Views: 3718

Re: Adopted grandmother, surname Febbraio

I was able to find this in the baptismal book of the Gerace e Locri orphanage. Unfortunately it does not contain any further information about the foster parents and the like. Shame.Image
by Primo Mattino
12 Jan 2024, 20:21
Topic: Luigi Gemelli
Replies: 7
Views: 319

Re: Luigi Gemelli

Wow! Thank you Tessa. I think I can make someone very happy now, Thanks again.
by Primo Mattino
11 Jan 2024, 19:27

The name of her father and son of Luigi Gemelli was Antonino Gemelli.
by Primo Mattino
11 Jan 2024, 19:23

Yes, I know the problem with the closed doors, but Don Antonio Finocchiaro, the director, has a lot of other functions and sometimes he has to leave unexpectedly for a funeral or something. Today he showed me what was there of the brefotrofio and if Anna Rosa was registered then there must be someth...
by Primo Mattino
11 Jan 2024, 17:24

The administration of the Gerace orphanage is in the archives of the Locri-Gerace diocese. If you want, I can see in 2 weeks what is in there about Anna Rosa Febbraio. I don't know if this thread is still alive, so to avoid searching for nothing, please give me a sign of life.
by Primo Mattino
11 Jan 2024, 14:30

Thank you Tessa, Luigi Gemelli was baptized on July 2, 1892 and married in church on September 11, 1924, both in Amendolea a fraction of Condofuri. According to his granddaughter, he had 2 or 3 children in America, including the father of the lady for whom I am asking this. She knows nothing about h...
by Primo Mattino
11 Jan 2024, 00:42

Luigi Gemelli

Can anyone find me some information about Luigi Gemelli who came to the U.S. as a child? He emigrated in the early 20th century? I can't find him in the Ellis Island records. He appears to have traveled back and forth a couple of times, eventually settling in Condofuri Marina in Calabria. He was a c...
by Primo Mattino
17 Sep 2023, 06:55
Topic: Need help John/Giovanni Baptiste Falduto birth record from Reggio Calabria (gallina?)
Replies: 6
Views: 305

Re: Need help John/Giovanni Baptiste Falduto birth record from Reggio Calabria (gallina?)

In Valanidi you can find the death of a daughter of Antonino Falduto and Fortunata Stillitano. Valanidi is within walking distance of Gallina. You can search my website for "falduto, gio. battista" or "stillitano, fortunata". The name Stillitano is also written as Stilitano or St...
by Primo Mattino
15 Sep 2023, 06:40
Topic: Two sisters same name ?
Replies: 3
Views: 287

Re: Two sisters same name ?

In the region of Italy where I work, I have never come across it, but in my own genealogy (not in Italy) I have come across it several times that when the fathers or mothers of a husband and wife had the same name, there were two children with the same name, one commonly called for example John the ...
by Primo Mattino
23 Jun 2023, 20:18
Topic: reporting births 10 years later?
Replies: 3
Views: 272

Re: reporting births 10 years later?

My impression is that the registration of births became an indifferent thing in the south after the unification of Italy. Until 1865 there was very accurate registration in the Kingdom of Naples (at least in the aerea where I am doing something). If the registration was done about three days later t...
by Primo Mattino
24 Apr 2023, 22:21
Topic: Trying to find a name change document
Replies: 5
Views: 580

Re: Trying to find a name change document

I've seen several name changes in the margins of the birth certificate from the registry office. You can also search Parts B and C at the end of each year. In those parts, records of births under more or less special circumstances were recorded. For example, I remember that a woman had abandoned her...
by Primo Mattino
25 Feb 2023, 16:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Bova Marina, Calabria
Views: 1752

Re: Bova Marina, Calabria

Where one toponym ends and the other begins is often vague. The hamlet of San Pasquale is on the coast and turns inland into Peristerea. There is a road there that goes inland, but it ends in a dead end and that road does not get to the waterfall of Peristerea. Maybe the family house is on that road...
by Primo Mattino
18 Jan 2023, 21:32

Peristerea is a toponym located halfway between Bova and Palizzi. In Google Earth you can find it using the following coordinates: 37 degrees 58 minutes 13.84 seconds North and 15 degrees 57 minutes 03.49 seconds East. The area is since long uninhabited. The Provincial road 164/165 passes through i...
by Primo Mattino
06 Sep 2022, 20:03

Peristerea is a toponym located halfway between Bova and Palizzi. In Google Earth you can find it using the following coordinates: 37 degrees 58 minutes 13.84 seconds North and 15 degrees 57 minutes 03.49 seconds East. The area is since long uninhabited. The Provincial road 164/165 passes through it...
by Primo Mattino
19 Sep 2021, 09:43
Topic: domenico iozzo
Replies: 2
Views: 1121

Re: domenico iozzo

"Jozzo" is a surname in Palizzi. Search my website.