Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
....Officer of the Civil Status in the Commune of Marcianise, before me is Savastano Giuseppe, peasant, twenty years, who declared that at 11,20 of the second day of this month in a house located in Via Atella (?), 14
From his union with a woman not married, not to him related so that nothing imped the recognition
a baby female was born
he presents her to me and is given the name Carmela.
The translation is not excellent but I hope good enough. I think the commune is Marcianise although it's not very clear.
Thank you so much, Ada! This is what I suspected, and though I am a little disappointed that the mother was not named, I am so happy to have the information confirmed. You have really solved a puzzle for me. Thanks again. Sheila
One of the most fun things that I discovered in my research was finding my look alike ancestor, Prince Marino Caracciolo II. Don Marino descends from the Caracciolo Rossi family, one of the oldest families in Naples, that date back to 950 AD. He was born in Atripalda on 9-6-1587 and died in Naples o...