Newark Application Requirements?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sophia22

Newark Application Requirements?

Post by sophia22 »

I just heard that the Newark Consulate, as well as the New York one, are no longer requiring translation of English documents into Italian. If so, great news!
Can anyone confirm this?
mler
Master
Master

Re: Newark Application Requirements?

Post by mler »

As far as I know, translations are still required, but I haven't been there in a while.
sophia22

Post by sophia22 »

That's what I thought, a genealogist is telling me neither require translations which I find a bit odd.
Tore

Post by Tore »

I would certainly check on this as I was under the impression the documents required had to go to Rome for approval and I would think the Italians would want translations of the English docus?
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

They don't have to go to Rome for approval, but once your citizenship is recognized, the documents will be entered in the records of your comune. I believe that's the rationale for translations.
lananh123

Post by lananh123 »

Many thanks for your sharing

taux demande pret personnel en ligne credit simulation Faire un pret immobilier en ligne avec un bon credittaux demande pret personnel en ligne credit simulation
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

I have just translated an additional three (previously missing) 'long copies' of documents to complete what the Newark Consulate required little more than a month ago. So they are still looking a translations even now.

These are going to be presented to them within the next couple of weeks I think.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
sophia22

Post by sophia22 »

Thanks - ELBA -
How long did has it taken in Newark? I just want to be sure they are still processing applications! From their website, they make it seem like there's a 5 year wait!
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

I was told that the wait was about two years, but this was eleven months ago.