It's nice to meet you and to have found this site!
I have an 1896 document, in Italian, cursive, written fancy with a quill no doubt, and faded. I don't want to get false hopes up, Giovanni and Isaia are common names, and many people named children after relatives, but my grandfather was born in 1896. I think it's a birth record of my grandpop. It was emailed to me, so I can email it to anyone who thinks they might be able to help read it, or I will attemp to attach it here.
I have just started this interesting genealogy journey, and was fortunate enough to find someone in Italy, who emailed this to me...so I think we are related. I do not speak Italian, and he doesn't speak English...communicating is quite a challenge. I have used the www.freetranslation.come website, but when I translate it from English to Italian and back to English again, it's quite different than what I originally wanted to say!
Anway, If I can learn what this document says, and verify it is indeed my grandpop, then I can happily email this man back and call him cousin!!
Thank you so much!
Lisanne


