Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Hi,
I have had this birth act for a few months now, hoping that my skills would improve sufficiently to make some sense of it. They haven't.
I see a woman's name as the declarant, but she has the same surname as the baby.
I see no father's name.
I see a matrimoni annotation made 12 years after the birth.
Needless to say, I am thoroughly confused by this one.
Any help would be appreciated.
On March 7th, 1880, the infant's mother herself presented the child who was born to her on the third out of a natural union. The infant was given the mother's maiden name as its surname. The father was probably a nobleman, clergyman, or even a married man. The father is not named in the record
My grandfather's surname was legally changed by a town notary, but he was abandoned and born some 6 weeks before his supposed natural parents married. His surname was changed to that of the father when the parents came forward to reclaim him when he was 2 years and 10 months old. Prior to that, his surname was one that had been invented by the town official.
Nowadays, very few Italian actors are able to emerge on the world cinema scene. Until a few decades ago it was different, but we talk about the age of the young Cinecittà, where it was not unusual to meet world-famous directors who set their stories which became known all over the world in those stu...